I can't believe my little sister, Brooke is going on her mission for 18 months! I still feel like she is a little kid that is going to elementary school. She has turned out to be such a great young lady. I am so proud of her. She is one of the most humble, righteous, obedient and sweetest girls in the whole world. She really isn't like anyone I have ever known. When she was getting set apart on Sunday, the member from the stake said that he was inspired not to give the normal speech that he gives to missionaries about not being of this world because Brooke has set herself apart from the things of the world long, long ago. She is my example and the person I look up to the most. I am going to miss her like crazy when she is gone to ROCHESTER, NEW YORK speaking SPANISH. We are planning to attend the Hill Cumorah pageant next summer with baby Malia, and oh my gosh! Wouldn't you know it?! Brooke will be there at the visitor's center;) It'd be SO fun getting to see her! Afterall, I need to introduce her to her niece that was named after her.
As Malia gets older and maybe a little naughty, Kirk and I are going to guilt trip her with, "You know, you were named after your auntie Brooke who is one of the most obedient and loving girls in the whole world. Don't do anything that would disgrace her name." How's that for guilt trip! Well, understanding karma very well, Malia probably will go through a rebellious phase and we'll see if that works!
We were so lucky to have so much family in town for her farewell! I also had a wonderful baby shower on Saturday (pictures to follow later) and so it was a fun packed weekend of celebrating! Here is my Ohana shown below that I love so very much! Travis is mission because he's on his mission and so is Uncle Marcus because it was kinda a girls' weekend. I love my family! We had so much fun hanging with all the cousins this weekend!!
As Malia gets older and maybe a little naughty, Kirk and I are going to guilt trip her with, "You know, you were named after your auntie Brooke who is one of the most obedient and loving girls in the whole world. Don't do anything that would disgrace her name." How's that for guilt trip! Well, understanding karma very well, Malia probably will go through a rebellious phase and we'll see if that works!
We were so lucky to have so much family in town for her farewell! I also had a wonderful baby shower on Saturday (pictures to follow later) and so it was a fun packed weekend of celebrating! Here is my Ohana shown below that I love so very much! Travis is mission because he's on his mission and so is Uncle Marcus because it was kinda a girls' weekend. I love my family! We had so much fun hanging with all the cousins this weekend!!


1 comment:
Chelsea, I love checking out your blog. It is always so fun to read and I love all of the fun pics too!! You are so great! Sorry Jan and I couldn't be there last weekend! We can't wait to meet Miss Malia!
Lots of Love, The Utah Aunties
Post a Comment