Saturday, June 19, 2010

High School Baby Shower

From left: Shannon, Tiffany, me, Dawn, Jodi, Liz, Jenni and Natalie!
I am honestly overwhelmed with how much love and support all of my friends and family have given me throughout this pregnancy. It is touching to see the excitement people feel for bringing a new life into the world. I feel so blessed to have had 6 Baby Showers for little Malia! I already know that she is going to be spoiled by so many people that love her and that I love so dearly as well.
Some of my dearest friends, Natalie and Dawn threw me a shower a couple weeks back. They are some of the best friends I could ever hope for. They went all out to make sure the day was fun filled, beautiful and perfect. Thank you so much for a great party! The picture above shows some of the girls that I have been friends with for over decade. Most of them since freshman year in high school! It's so fun to have old friends to reminisce and laugh with. I love them!
While the day was the epitome of "June Gloom" for southern California, we had a wonderful time with yummy food and good company!
Jodi, Tiffany and Natalie. I've been buddies with these girls for half my lifetime!!
The Daddy to be was there for a little while because all the girls wanted to see him and congratulate him too. Kirk is a great sport when it comes to hanging out with all of my girlfriends. I make him do that so often and he is just a sweetheart!
Me and my cabbage head- Dawnski. I love her and we always figure out how to have the best time in the world. Yes, this time it included yummy cupcakes.
Dawn and Kelly working on the craft table. Aside from games, each girl was able to add a page to Malia's first scrapbook of old pictures, memories, advice and other words of wisdom for the mommy and little munchkin!
Jenni and Tiffany with their "diaper design." It had flowers along the sides of it. Points for cuteness, maybe some deductions for practicality;)
Mmmm, the cupcakes!
Liz and Jodi with their design. Kinda gross with the chocolate smeared along the backside, but points for humor!
I liked Natalie's comment to this picture: "Contains 1 Malia Joy, please unwrap in the beginning of July." Yes, Malia, you are full term now and have my permission to come at any time! We are all very excited to see you!

3 comments:

CheyAnn said...

Hey. I just discovered you have a blog! I love the baby shower and I loved seeing that Jodi was there, you guys are the greatest. Can't wait for the countdown to begin!!

kimberlee shaffer said...

wow 6 baby showers!!! All I have to say is spoiled!! But you deserve it and so does she!!

Katie said...

LOL, I just noticed you mentioned the famous "Yummy food" and "Yummy cupcakes" hahaa, sound familiar? Hahaa ;-) It was so great seeing you! Dang it, I forgot to snap a few pictures!