So, it's been over a week since the accident and I feel like today marked the day that I feel more at peace with everything. I will still get sad and choked up if people talk to me about it, but I feel like I am able to move on and not think about it all the time. All of you are so sweet and considerate for thinking about me and the situation and I want to thank all of you for being so understanding.
Last night on our venture to get Kirk a "hands-free" device for his phone (law passed today that you can't talk on your phone and drive), we were able to visit the pet store at the mall. It was kinda sad at first because one of the first puppies I saw was a black and white Mati-poo- similar to how Moo looked. But we looked around, petting and playing with some and picking out our favorites. It was a healing experience! I found myself loving all these dogs that I didn't even know. I started to question my tendency to quickly fall in love! I mean, this could pose a problem! Good thing I'm already married, right;)
So, our favorites have been picked. I'm thinking about a Havanese, Lhaso Apso or Shih-Poo. Still need to fine tune the list, so if you know more details about these types of dogs, let me know! My requests are non-shedding, non-smelly and lovable and sweet. Active is good too since I subject my dogs to runs along the beach. I'm jamming on my real estate stuff so I can buy us a house to fit our new family member:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I am glad you are feeling a little better Chels. I think about you all the time. What are you doing for the fourth?
Hey Chels! So glad you're feeling better and that you're thinking about getting another dog. Can't wait to see what you decide on.
I'm so glad your feeling better. You'll find the perfect new "love puppy" and you'll always have great memories of Moo. Great to see you last week, hpe we can do it again soon!
So glad you are feeling better! It takes a bit, but it sounds like you are on your way. As you are WELL aware, I grew up with mini schanuzers and the best thing I can say is that they are hypo-allergenic and don't shed. Let us know what you pick!
I was just able to get on a real computer and read you blogs. I was checking them from my phone before. I thought I had seen all the pictures, but I actually only thought there was like 4! I saw all the pics of Moo through out her life and how happy she was. She loved you so much and I know she knows how much she meant to you. It's easy to beat ourselves up for things after the fact, when we couldn't have ever known what was going to happen so we really couldn't have done anything anyway. Moo lived such wonderful, happy, playful life. You are a great mom and your next little baby will be just as lucky. Moo is definitely up in pup heaven looking down at you and wagging her little tail in anticipation to see her new little sister! She is in the best place possible and will be waiting with wagging tail for you!
Moving on is hard and nothing can make it better but time. I'm stoked to hear that you are a bit more upbeat and looking to the future to build you family! Moo really wants to see her little sis, so decide quickly!
Post a Comment