Monday, July 7, 2008

4th of July Weekend!

Have you seen a cuter baby before?! Well, this is Bentley, affectionately named the "Peanut," and I absolutely love him to death!!

On Saturday we were able to meet up with the Halvorsens. Sami is Kirk's little sister and basically my favorite sister-in-law ever! (You can't say anything Sami;) We had a totally fun day touring Santa Monica, window shopping, walking on the pier and grabbing lunch. We miss them already! Kirk and I are conspiring on ideas that would require them to move further south, but either way, we'll take them when we can!
The Schilling and Halvorsen crew: Me, Kirk, David, Peanut and Sami
At the end of Santa Monica pier where we were able to enjoy circus performers, singers and dancers. My girlfriend Natalie met up with us too and noted that the novelty of these performers wear off because they are there every single day. Guess that is how you make a living in L.A., right?

Oh my gosh! This entertained us for at least 20 minutes. We went by a yogurt shop after lunch and this was the face Bentley made every time I gave him a bite of my yogurt! He really liked it, and always wanted more, I think it was just the tartness of the yogurt that threw him off. He makes the most awesome faces ever.

The 4th of July Kickoff!!
We were so excited when our friends Brittany and Derek invited us to participate in their annual Kickball game. We spent the whole day riding bikes, hanging out with friends and family and then had the chance to test our kicking skills at a local park. Kirk's skills are so intense that things come flying off him when he kicks the ball:)
Brittany- the talented, and beautiful pitcher! Yeah, and fyi, this girl has a fairly new baby and looks great!
The Kickball crew: The Schillings, Lundquists, Simmons and Andrew- glad everyone could make it!
This is the view from Lindsey's parents' house before the fireworks began. I probably told her a thousand times that night that I was in love with the house and will make it be my "dream home" from here on out. Thank you to the Divines and the Lundquists for your amazing hospitality- you guys rock!
Ok, rewind to the 4th of July breakfast earlier in the day. Dad, Kirk and me enjoying some yummy cinnamon pancakes at the church.
This is my cute, little sister Brooke and her awesomely stylish boyfriend, Tanner. They are quite the duo and are both so artistic and talented that they've created their own art camp this summer for kids to go to- good job guys!
The Asays, Britt and Joe. We miss being in the 2nd ward with you guys, but are glad we still get to see you guys!
Cara and Owen, looking sharp and staying cool:) Owen is Brittany and Joe's little guy, and I just love the glasses he rocks to protect his little eyes. This picture reminds me that I need to add Cara on my list of bloggers! That was such a fun girls' night the other night, wasn't it?!
I'm in the middle of making banana cupcakes and I think I have made this post extremely random and choppy, sorry! Hope you guys all had a fun and safe 4th! Love, Chels

6 comments:

Katie said...

Looks like you had such a great 4th
of July! Too bad we couldn't ride bikes while I was there...at least we made it to the beach though! Hey why haven't you posted a picture of the real cutest baby ever ;-) Is it because she woke you guys up crying in the middle of the night? Or because you had to put her in time out? LOL! I see how it is, but I won't tell Mia, Shhhh... Haha! Miss you guys!

Chrissy said...

You guys are having fun too! Lets get together soon

Nicole said...

FUN WEEKEND! Mine consisted of a family reunion that only about 45 peeps showed up to, we hung out at a friend's house and bbq'd and watched UFC (it was a great fight!), and then went to the lake on Sunday! It was a good weekend, but if you had been here it would have been better!

Oh! The cheetah moo moo - My mom has this awful moo moo thing that Sean can't stand and he makes fun of it all the time. Well, we were at a store and I saw the cheetah moo moo and decided to put it on and show Sean what I was going to look like in 30 years! Haha! It was pretty funny! He knew I was joking, but the look on his face was priceless!

Nicole said...

BTW - No boobs. That dress just happened to make me look amazing!

Nikki said...

Those SC ward 4th of July breakfasts were such a fun way to start the day. Good times, wish I could have been there too. Guess who you might see at future Independence Day ward breakfasts? My lil' sis Camille is moving to SC with her family in just a couple weeks! They'll be living in an apartment close to where the Barrus' live. If you see her, give her a hug from me, will ya?

Anonymous said...

Chels- you are so sweet. You and kirk are the best aunt and uncle ever. Can't wait to see you two in August! We love you and miss you.