Sunday, May 20, 2012

We love to see the temple!

Living next to the Newport Beach temple has been a blessing.  We are so close and get (need) to go often.  A few weeks ago, our niece Skyler had a scary thing happen to her.  She is 8 years old and is a healthy and happy little girl.  She told her mom one day that her heart felt like it was beating fast and long story short, had to be admitted to the emergency room asap because her heart was beating over 250 bpm.  They couldn't get it to slow down.  They ended up having to "restart" her heart and it was still struggling.  Her heart had a dangerous virus and Sky needed to be airlifted to UCLA medical center.  She ended up having to stay in an induced coma to protect her heart from stopping from working too hard.  Tests after tests and biopsies of her heart were taken.  Our family was scared and we prayed and prayed.  There is a good ending to this story however.  After weeks of being monitored and having ups and downs in the hospital, Skyler's strong heart was able to beat the virus and she was able to go home!  
While visiting her one of the days up in LA, we were blessed with the chance to go by the LA temple.  Kirk had never seen it and I wanted to see it again.  My parents and I were sealed there when I was a little girl and I wanted to take the girls by this special place.  Part of the fun of having a toddler is their zest for learning.  Malia impresses me with what she knows, says and remembers.  We took her there and explained that we were visiting the temple.  We talked about what we did in temples and who was at the top of the temple.  We visited some of the sister missionaries at the visitor center and she received a special picture of Jesus.  I had no idea what she would retain from this quick afternoon trip.
Now Malia will tell you: "I love Jesus."
me: "Malia, who's at the top of the temple."
Malia: "an angel.  Mowoni (Moroni)"
me:  "What do we do in the temple?"
Malia: "get mar-weed (married). I get mar-weed in temple"
Malia: "and den we have a party!"
Yes Malia, we will have a big party for you if you get married in the temple:)
Out of the mouth of babes.  I love that Malia girl so. 

No comments: