I should explain the Kiwi reference. Keely's big sister has been calling her Kiwi since she was inutero and the cute nickname has stuck. But don't worry, she wasn't given that name, and her daddy did a good job giving her a name and a blessing on May 6, 2012.
Keely Yukiko Schilling
Some of the important blessings I remember Kirk giving:
"I bless you with happiness and health and to be a big helper to your mother. I bless you to be smart and sensitive." Of course while juggling a toddler in the stands and holding back tears, I wasn't able to remember everything that was said, but loved Kirk's sweet words. Yes, Keely will be all of those things. I already notice her sweet and sensitive spirit. She is so easy going and kind hearted. She's only a few months I realize, but she has a different personality than her big sis. Malia has always been very commanding, assertive, confident and resilient. I think our Keely is going to be more like my little sister Brooke- receptive to the spirit, compassionate and very loving. That's my prediction at least:)
Her blessing day was beautiful. We were able to share it with special family and friends. A quick sad story: Grandpa Jim and Kathy made it all the way down here for her blessing and on the morning of her blessing got trapped in the elevator at their hotel!!! We couldn't believe it. It was terrible for them to miss for the 1st time one of their grandbabies blessings. They were there in spirit and I let them know that they'll be there for our next baby I am sure:)
Her blessing day was beautiful. We were able to share it with special family and friends. A quick sad story: Grandpa Jim and Kathy made it all the way down here for her blessing and on the morning of her blessing got trapped in the elevator at their hotel!!! We couldn't believe it. It was terrible for them to miss for the 1st time one of their grandbabies blessings. They were there in spirit and I let them know that they'll be there for our next baby I am sure:)

No comments:
Post a Comment