Sunday, May 20, 2012

22 month old Malia Joy

Being a parent is rad because you always think your kid is the best thing in the world.  I am no different.  I am first to admit that I think my Malia girl is the most brilliant, most adorable and most fun person to be around.  And each parent thinks this I am sure.
Malia at 22 months old could not be any more fun to be around.  She is my best friend.  As tired as I am in the mornings, her getting up and playing with me is what I look forward to.  Our day starts with, "mommy!!"  She calls in her sweet and happy voice from her crib and we walk in to find her standing with a toothy smile waiting for us.  She likes her routine of warm milk and cartoons in the morning and then we spend the day creating memories.  
She is on the 1 definitely-needs-it-or-look-out nap a day and is down by 8 or 8:30.  
She just got her second set of molars (2 year old molars maybe?) and continues to grow long and lean.  She is a healthy eater for the most part but looooves her donuts (we live across the street from a donut shop) icecream and candy (thanks grandma;)
And boy does she talk!!  Her language skills blow me away.  She talks in sentences now and understands making some words past tense, etc.  She knows all her shapes and colors, can say her ABC's and can count to 12 (by omitting "5" for some reason) .  Right now she LOVES princesses and requests her "Princess Barbie" movie in the mornings.  She also still loves trains, trucks, tractors, firetrucks and cars. She also adores animals, balls, robots, sunglasses, princess anything, shoes and play dates. Her favorite places are: the car wash, the park, the beach, "Cos-co!" (Costco), and the mall.  She is scared of the water now:( and doesn't like swimming under the water anymore.  She loves tunnels and bridges, going on walks and pushing her shopping cart or stroller.  She loves taking care of her babies and feeding them (nurses them like mommy).  She reprimands Hobbs, "No Hobbs, naughty!" if he eats something of hers or does something bad.  She adores her daddy and is weary of strangers.  I can't hardly blame her, but she doesn't open up to most people unless she really knows them.  She'll usually shout, "No, stop!" if they get too close to her and doesn't give her smile out to just everyone. She is smart and I appreciate that.
She loves to color and draw and paint and is a puzzle master.  I can't believe the puzzles she is able to figure out.  She loves to "read" and sing and dance.  She is sorta ready to potty train and can go "shi-shi" and "poo poo" in the potty occasionally.  Malia is basically one happy and healthy toddler and she is sure loved by everyone:)  

No comments: