So, it's 12:40 pm and Malia is still sleeping! She went down for her nap a little late (like 10 or so) but really should be up by now, don't cha think? I am starting to wonder if she is ready to start doing the long 1 nap a day.
What do you think veteran Mommies out there? She's 8 1/2 months old now.
She sometimes fights the afternoon nap anyway (yesterday it was only for 30 min.) and loves sleeping longer mid-morning/day. Who knows. She still goes down around 8:30ish and sleeps in til 7:30 (today it was 8). Maybe we'll do a trial run with that.
Also, should I be worried that Malia still hasn't grasped the sippy cup concept? Any pointers there? Maybe I need to take the suction/leak preventer thing out of the spout. But then she'll spill it everywhere and make a mess.
Really, this post is lame and boring but I am just waiting for the baby to wake up so we can go get on with our day!!!!
What do you think veteran Mommies out there? She's 8 1/2 months old now.
She sometimes fights the afternoon nap anyway (yesterday it was only for 30 min.) and loves sleeping longer mid-morning/day. Who knows. She still goes down around 8:30ish and sleeps in til 7:30 (today it was 8). Maybe we'll do a trial run with that.
Also, should I be worried that Malia still hasn't grasped the sippy cup concept? Any pointers there? Maybe I need to take the suction/leak preventer thing out of the spout. But then she'll spill it everywhere and make a mess.
Really, this post is lame and boring but I am just waiting for the baby to wake up so we can go get on with our day!!!!

3 comments:
yep, sounds like transition time. i don't remember exactly how we started transitioning to one nap, but i remember that it takes a while (like a few months) to really get the hang of things. beckham couldn't figure out sippy cups...until like 18 months. but i bought him these kind and then he figured it out. he couldn't ever figure out he had to tip it before http://www.target.com/10-oz-Sippy-Cups-Nuby-pk/dp/B0040IMELQ/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&searchView=list&keywords=sippy%20cup&fromGsearch=true&sr=1-3&qid=1301515812&rh=&searchRank=target104545&id=10-oz%20Sippy%20Cups%20Nuby%20pk&node=1038576%7C1287991011&searchSize=30&searchPage=1&searchNodeID=1038576%7C1287991011&searchBinNameList=subjectbin%2Cprice%2Ctarget_com_primary_color-bin%2Ctarget_com_size-bin%2Ctarget_com_brand-bin&frombrowse=0
Hmmm...I would fight through it and still do 2 naps a day, but maybe ask the dr. at her next well check? Madison was over a year before she went to just one nap...and every once and a while, she'll still do 2, just to totally throw off the schedule! She went through a phase like that probably around 9 months as well, and it didn't last too long and we were back to 2 normal naps a day. As far as the sippy cup, I would try again in a few weeks. It's amazing what a difference a few weeks can make to a kid being able to grasp a concept. Don't stress and just enjoy that sweet little girl!! She'll get it figured out. :)
8 1/2 months is pretty young to go down to one nap. She might be going through something called wonder weeks right now. James just went through the same thing. Cognitively she is making lots of leaps right now and that can disrupt naps. She is becoming more aware of her surroundings and understand more, sometimes when they wake up mid nap their little minds get going and they cant fall back asleep. I would just try to be really consistent with her naps and see if that helps. Sometimes being overtired can cause short naps too....
As for the sippy cup, I wouldn't worry about it. James doesn't know what to do with his either and they are getting enough fluids with their milk/formula. It is just to get them familiar with them and soon they will figure it out. Good luck!
Post a Comment