Thursday, February 26, 2009

This tea tastes really nasty.

So I am sitting here with a mug of herbal tea. Wish I could say that I'm enjoying this cup of tea, but it tastes like someone gathered debris from the forest somewhere and brewed it for my enjoyment. Not too tasty. I have to have a little OJ on the side to chase the concoction with. Today I had acupuncture and this cool herbal smoke medicine at our good friend, Evan's school. I have to say, one of the coolest experiences ever! I really like this Eastern medicine and wish I could've been introduced to it earlier. I even didn't mind being prodded by the acupuncture needles. For reasons many of you know I went to visit this well known Chinese doctor to see about sorting some issues out and "harmonizing" my body. Found out I have a little harmonizing to do! Nothing big, just minor stuff. I loved it and owe a huge THANK YOU to Evan for letting us go and take advantage of this amazing stuff!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Glad you had a good time there. I have always wanted to try acupuncture.

Katie said...

Cool! Did it hurt? Yeah, herbal tea isn't too tastey for the most part. That would be so fun if you came to visit! Lets chat soon :)

Melanie said...

oh that's great. good luck. I've really become a believer in non-traditional medicine.

I can personally testify that Dr. Birdsley has been a miracle worker again and again. Several months after I was married, I become very sick with chronic and excessive vomiting- sometimes up to ten times a day. I also had vertigo, headaches, and some nausea. I consulted two gastro-intestinalists and a neurologist for a diagnosis. Meanwhile, I emailed my Chiropractor who suggested it may be parasites from my Mexican honeymoon. I brought up this theory to the specialists, who quickly dismissed it as nonsense. They proceeded to do test after test and one point even suggested that a brain tumor may be to blame. Months later and after $24,000 worth of futile medical tests, they admitted that they had no idea what was wrong with me. At this point, I went back to my chiropractor, who shipped me a few $20 bottles of anti-parasite pills that cured me completely. If I would have taken his advice earlier, I could have saved myself months of misery and anxiety.