Saturday, February 21, 2009

I am certain that we have the best friends ever!!

It's such an overwhelming feeling when you realize how wonderful your friends can be. We threw a surprise birthday party for Kirk last night and it was touching to see how people showed up for the event. Kirk was downright shocked! When we walked upstairs to meet the group down at Pizza Port, the look on his face was priceless. He blushed and couldn't have possibly been smiling any bigger! I am just relieved that the whole "surprise" thing worked out! I was stressed the last couple of days running around getting things, ordering things or picking things up! But all the work paid off and Kirk agrees that this was one of his most memorable birthdays ever. Thank you so much for those of you that were able to come. It meant so much to both of us! Here are a few pictures from the night.
I'm sure many of you have seen this photo before because it's probably one of my favorites of Kirk. It shows my husband how he is: Fun and goofy:) The cake turned out cute, huh?
Kirk got a kick out of the cake too! I love his laugh in this picture
Some of our greatest friends, Joe and Britt- Thank you SOO much to Brittany who helped make the party possible. Without her, the party probably would've flopped!
One of our favorite couples ever- Evan and Julie! We love you guys!
Oh yes, and every party has to have party animals! And that's where the Facers and Hennings come in! Thanks to Steph, Dave, Jon, and Jill for coming!And no party would be complete without the Lundquists and Simmons. Unfortunately, Derek and Brittany live down in Carlsbad so we don't get to see them enough anymore. And I am still trying to figure out how Mitch and Lindsay could have left us for Talega! We miss you guys but are so glad to have you as friends!
Kelly and Jason. Need I say more? They are getting married in 2 weeks and I don't think I could be more excited if it were my own wedding! We love you guys and are so grateful to have such fun and fabulously awesome friends! Driving down from L.A. to be there for Kirk says a lot.
The "hot chicks" of the party!;) Love these girls: Shannon, Tiff, Nat and Missy. Thanks for coming and having a good time with us!
No one has style like Meghan! Her and Cameron are the greatest. I've known Meghan since before I knew what boys were and she also happens to be my amazing hair dresser who I owe any good hair days to!
Make a wish my love!
The Ladies! Yeah, and Liz is in this picture now!
Paul and Missy, Shannon and Tiff!
Evan and Kirk get that they look alike and now with their matching shirts people might think they're twins!
Hi Jules! Love ya!
So, there you have it! This might be the last post relating to Kirk's 30th birthday. Hope all of you are doing well and having fun wherever you are. Life is good on our end and we have so much to be thankful for!

5 comments:

Nikki said...

Those are way cute pictures. Happy belated bday to your hubby :) Looks like you really threw him a great party.

Katie said...

How fun! I love it when suprise parties work out! Happy Dirty 30 Kirk. Miss you guys. And Chels, you always have cute hair.

Melissa White said...

Such a fun night!

Oleole Family said...

Did I ever tell you that you two are a beautiful couple. You both look very happy. Wish your hubby a happy belated birthday for me. (Even though he doesn't know me.)

Scott + Wendy said...

Hey Kirk..... Scott said to say hi to his old-man friend. : ) P.S. Scott already turned 30.