Thursday, February 19, 2009

Kirk's Dirty Thirty!!

I'm not sure why they call it the "dirty thirty," there really wasn't anything dirty about it! Maybe I'll change it to the "super fun and rad 30!" But then again, I guess it doesn't have the same ring to it, huh? Well, let's recap some very important information: KIRK HAD A BIRTHDAY ON WEDNESDAY THE 18TH!!!!! Whoo hoo!! Here's a funny picture my birthday boy!! I can't believe Kirk is 30!!
We are one of those families that believe that birthdays are more like a week or month long event rather than one day, so we got to break it up a few different times. My parents, who love Kirk as one of their own, took us out to Carbanarra's to dinner one night and then Kirk got to open presents! On his list this year was a new sweater, a new mouse, a new pair of cords, a cool t-shirt, and a brand new computer from his wife! Phew! My husband is expensive! But he needed it seeing how his last computer of many years decided to crash unexpectedly. I was happy to splurge for the man I love, and am thankful I can make money in such a depressing recession.

Oooh fun! On to the next adventure! YOU GET IN FREE TO DISNEYLAND ON YOUR BIRTHDAY!!! This is amazing news folks! Especially when I have a season pass now! After work, Kirk and I took off to the happiest place on earth for a day of fun, rides and the obligatory amusement junk food. We had a blast. Kirk has been working so incredibly hard starting up his new business, that I was glad I had the chance to steal him away from some child-like fun.
As you can see, Kirk rocked at the Astro blasters. But just for the record, his wife almost doubled his score!

We did it all while we were there, and despite near freezing conditions we were able to have a memorable birthday for Kirky.
So, happy birthday to the funnest, happiest, most loving, most hard-working husband ever! Love, your wife:)

5 comments:

Katie said...

Happy Birthday Kirk! My dirty thirty will be sneaking up soon...I have a feeling mine WILL be dirty ;-) Miss you guys! Oh and Chels, I want a new computer for my birthday too! K?

Michelle said...

Happy B-Day to Kirk! We are definitely going to try and stop by :) Greg said there is a chance he may have to sub a Chinese class tonight, but hopefully not.

Rachel said...

Happy birthday Kirk! Thanks for being such an awesome husband for Chelsea, she deserves it!

kimberlee shaffer said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIRK!!! Looks like you got spoiled rotton!! You deserve it! What a great wife you have! Love you both (=

Stephanie said...

OK, so when I read the cake it looked like it said 38! I was like, 'no way! He looks great for almost being 40!' I was about to ask him for his magic youth pills:)