Can I just say how much I love my father-in-law? Aside from being the reason why I have my wonderful husband, he really is an amazing man. I look up to him so much and am impressed that he is 70 now although he doesn't seem a day over 50!
Kirk and I (along with the whole Schilling Family) were able to surprise Jim at Forbes Mill in Los Gatos for his birthday. We flew out, Jimmy and Jill flew out from Las Vegas and the whole gang was able to coordinate this event so that he didn't have a clue we were coming and were all going to be there. It was so sweet to see how touched he was when his whole family was there at the restaurant in his honor.
I owe so much to this man that did such an excellent job raising 7 kids, 18 grandkids and being so supportive of everyone in his family. Hopefully we'll be there to celebrate his 80th, 90th and 100th birthday with him too!
And also a big shout out to all of the Schilling (and Halvorsen and Robinson) Families that made our visit up north so much fun. We love you all and can't wait to see you all again soon. And Dave and Sami- you guys are awesome hosts and I really miss you already! Love you guys!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
they look like great people! What a fun thing to be able to surprise him. Miss you poo poo breath. . .
Your pops in law is one handsome fella. He looks great for being 70! You and Kirk are so cute too! When are you going to start making cute babies? BTW, I love your dark hair!
Post a Comment