
Our apartment complex is situated around a lovely lake. There are bounteous ducks that hang out at this lake. The ducks are not very smart by any means. On my way to work this morning, and being in the usual hurry I am going to work, I saw these two ducks in the road. Typically they slowly meander out of the road to let cars pass, and I wrongly assumed they would do this again.. I was adjusting my hair in my rear view mirror when I heard a thump and went over a "bump." My heart stopped and I stopped to see this pile of feathers behind my car! I felt horrible! When I got to the roundabout, this duck was alive but when I passed this area, the duck was now dead!! Gosh, I'm such an impatient, terrible person! I haven't been able to forget about that all day and I might have been a little snappy first thing in the morning with the 1st graders I'm teaching because of it! I hope tomorrow is a better day. Sorry Mr. Duck. I hope PETA doesn't come and hunt me down.
2 comments:
How sad!!! That must have felt horrible driving over it realizing...poor duck. May he rest in peace, lol.--not really laughing, but laughing!
OH!!!! I once ran right over the top of two little chipmunks that were in the road. By the time I saw them, I couldn't slow down or swerve so I just screamed and drove! I started crying and freaking out because I felt so horrible! Julie, Who was with me at the time, looked back and assured me that she saw the little buggers scamper off. Apparently they went right between all 4 tires. Phew! I was so mortified at the time though! I felt aweful, SO I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL!!!!
Post a Comment