Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Facebook has sucked me in...

Look at me. I'm an awful blogger to begin with and now I haven't updated since the new year. It's bad I tell ya. And I was even in Vegas with Kirk for almost 2 weeks and didn't so much as snap one picture! I'm going to have to get better. So this thing called Facebook is quite hilarious really. I still have very little knowledge as to how it works except you add friends, they add you, you write messages on each other's "walls" or send them a more personal message. You probably all know this since I was the LAST person on earth to sign up! Oh well, it's fun to pass time looking up friends that you haven't seen since grade school or laughing about how the boys you dated turned out.
With that said, I still think blogging is better. I mean, correct me if I'm wrong, but Facebook really serves little purpose. With Blogging however, I am able to picture/journal write what we have been up to.
Like in Las Vegas. Kirk was able to work out there with his brother that is super busy (good for them in this scary economy!) fixing up REO properties and getting homes ready to be sold by the bank. It was great for him to stay busy while RMD was a little on the slow side during the holidays. My greatest friend ever, Kim was able to score me this awesome job "modeling" (snicker if you must it really wasn't that glamorous) at the builder's convention that they had going on in Vegas. It was really really good money and only a few hours a day! It was rad to be out there with Kirk and both of us made some money too!
Now that we are back, Kirk has stayed busy with another home that he is going to manage as it's being built and I am back to subbing and doing the car thing. I also have been staying busy looking at houses for us! (hopefully) And since our lease is up here in a couple weeks, let's just say, we better get cracking!!!

6 comments:

ashley said...

don't worry, i am not a facebooker either!

you models crack me up, that is cool though, make some money off your good looks ;)

Rachel said...

I like blogging better too, but I like seeing old friends and catching up with them, which is something I can't do on my blog, where I just post about my life. When people on facebook ask me about pictures or updates, I tell them to look at my blog. Facebook really has just replaced email.

Stephanie said...

How fun for you to model! What did you model?

Facebook is cool but seriously once you get on you get attacked by the past. I'm constantly accepting requests and if I had the time I could waste, I mean spend meaningful hours catching up on everyone:)

jenn (+ will) said...

chelsea chelsea! i wanna see modeling pics!

Katie said...

Hey Chels! I agree, blogging is way better! Facebook has it's fun points too though. Glad you had fun in Vegas. I'm jealous you have such a nice camera and never use it!

Chinos :) said...

Tomas has always thought, blogging, my space, Facebook is pretty lame. And one night we were goofing around and he was like " I'm going to set up a facebook" kinda making fun of me. And this his buddy sent out an email to all of his friends"hey Tomas joined the facebook bandwagon" and so the next morning Tomas had like 90 friends all of a sudden. And I came home and he was on the computer and I was like what ya doing babe. And he looks at me all sheepishly and said "NOthing" and I walked over and there he was on facebook! And he was all" Freak its addicting". He likes seeing old friends too! I just like giving him a hard time because he was so against it! But keep udating i love looking at your blog! :)