I really can't say I mind it, because for me teaching and being around all those sweet kids is a treat, but it looks like we won't just be subbing for Joe and Brittany's primary class anymore. Kirk and I have taken on the calling to teach the 11 yr olds in primary. I must say it's quite the change from being in the nursery like we were in Las Vegas. But all in all, we are going to love the calling and get oodles of blessings for it, right?
As for every other day of the week I get to teach also! It's like teaching overload! Substituting has been going great. Today I had the chance to teach (babysit?) preschool and totally got my baby fill with the hugs, crying, made up language and a fair share of diapers! (YES, poopie diapers I tell ya, thought they were done with that before they went to school!) I think I am good to go on the whole baby department for a while now;)
While getting a full time teaching position would be ideal, thanks to the awesome budget cuts, looks like that won't be happening for me, like ever. In Orange County they've pink slipped every teacher that was hired after the year 2000. Do you realize that is one in every 3 teachers?? It's a sad day when you realize society is willing to cut out teaching and supplying great education for our future. It's not like quality education should be optional. Don't kids have it hard enough as it is? I worry about how things will be when we start our family!
Well, didn't really even want to get on that topic, but I've just had it on my mind forever now. I'm studying real estate to be a broker anyways so that when this housing market hits rock bottom and people want to buy a house, I'll be your "go to girl!"
This was a really random post! Better one next time:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Wow you had to change diapers? I thought that being potty trained was a rule for preschool too? Unless it was daycare. We teach 4 year olds in primary together which is fun, but even I get worn out sometimes and its just once a week!
BUSY! BUSY! And you go girl with the whole selling houses thang! I've thought so much about that! It's kinda a great time to start up right before things turn around again! Miss you!! XXOOXX
yeah I can't stand the school systems these days. I think private or home school is the only way to go. Never thought I would be saying that but what do you do?
Chels, I seriously haven't changed a diaper since I was 12 years old. It was a blow out diaper where it was going up the toddlers back, down the legs and right then and there I was done....literally. I called my mom and had her come do it and that's the story. Soooo I give you triple props! I don't have your number...Landon and Mel are coming to the beach house on Sunday for a BBQ and if you guys are there that'd be fun to have you over! And if you can't make it, I don't have your number and I want to call and chat. I don't have a bump yet, just some weight gainage, but no bump. I thought I would start to show sooner than later but what can you do :) and not that I'm complaining...
And by the way...I think the school systems and our priorities as a country are so backwards. If I can honestly say this...I really think we'll be homeschooling until they hit highschool.
Great post Chels. Dave and I barely made it through without getting "slipped" luckily he still has a job next year. He says that they end up hiring back mostly everyone they lay off, so don't give up! You still have a chance in the world of teaching! Real estate is a good choice too, its going to come back up sometime and when it does you'll be in like flinn!
Post a Comment