Saturday, April 26, 2008

Courtney's Getting Married!!!

Here is the soon to be BRIDE!! The big day isn't until September, but seeing how Courtney is moving to the east coast (to be close to Gary- the groom to be) we got to do her bridal shower early. Talk about fun!! Hats, hats, hats, hats, hats! The theme was "Southern Belle" and so all of the ladies donned large (and some highly creative) tea party hats! The bridesmaids did a great job putting the party together with flowers, decorations and the yummiest southern food ever! You might not be able to tell in the pictures, but it was seriously over 90 degrees today! It was ridiculously hot and the whole shower was outside!
Court and I have been buddies since the olden days when we wore training bras and weren't allowed to hang out with boys- she is smart, fun and super sweet! We are all so excited for you!
The 3 generations of the Carpenter girls: Magda, Debbie and Court

And here are the girls: Liz, Shannon, Brooke, Dawn, Lindsey, Courtney, me and Jenni. Best part is, we've all been friends since high school and we still have a ton of fun whenever we get together. We have all become so busy and are quite different now in so many ways, but I can count on these girls to provide endless laughs and awesome story telling of the good ol' days!
Had to take a picture of Brooke because she looked so awesome in her enormous hat and purple ensemble. Purple happens to be one of my most favorite colors so I was a big fan!
Shannon was in a black dress with a white hat, and I was in a white dress with a black hat. I dunno, thought that was cool enough to take a picture of:)

Some of the original "RB" girls looking their finest! Thank goodness for the large hats today or else all of us would've been burnt to a crisp!

These Red Velvet cupcakes were AMAZING! Aside from the cajun shrimp, grits, crab cakes and biscuits, these cupcakes were yummy AND beautiful!
I provided one of the games for the shower where I put 12 different white powdered ingredients into cupcake tins and then everyone had to try to figure out what they all were. How many of you think you could tell the difference between cornstarch, baking powder and baking soda? It's a fun idea for a shower game and you guys should try it!
All in all, a super fun day!

7 comments:

Melanie said...

oh my gosh-- what a fun shower theme. You and your friends have SO much fun all the time. Such creative ladies you are.

Katie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katie said...

Hey Chels! Sorry I deleted my last comment, I noticed I had a typo after I posted it! Anyway, such a CUTE theme! What a fun group of girls to hang out with. Love your spaghetti strap dress ;-) Call me when you get home this afternoon! I don't know why my phone wouldn't work when you tried to call. It didn't even ring or show a missed call!

Erin said...

how fun! and what a cute idea for a shower. I love seeing high school people on your blog. I am so excited for Courtney too...we used to be friends back in the day too...junior high. So fun!

snlbarney said...

How fun!

I love to see some original SCHS girlies:)! Yeah for Courtney! I wish her luck, and love as she gets married and heads eastward:) So fun to see Dawn also - she looks great!

Busy B Preschool said...

Tell Courtney congrats for me. That looks like you had so much fun too. What a fun shower.

Courtney and Gary said...

WEBER! I made a blog just for you! I loved the game you brought to my shower it was so funny, even though I totally failed.

I haven't written anything yet but here it is so add me to your list!

http://garyandcourtney.blogspot.com/