Monday, January 7, 2008

Our Special Day!






January 5th was a very special day for Kirk and me, in fact, it was a very special day for our whole families! Although it was rainy and stormy (we seem to be a magnet for that sort of weather) we were still able to overcome the opposition and get sealed in the Newport Beach Temple! It was so touching to see how many of our friends and families came for the event from Northern California, Utah, and Wyoming! Thank you to everyone that were able to support us, it was one of the happiest days of our lives! Kirk and I couldn't be more in love and this just helps us seal the deal so that we get to be together forever! Our sealer in the session was a good family friend of my parents, however, it's going to be the new running joke that my name is hereby pronounced: Chel-see-a (a as in umbrella, get that?) Everything he said was very heart felt and sweet, but Kirk and I couldn't help but smirk after he had said my name wrong for the 20th time:) Eh, that's a minor detail. What counts is that we made it there! Afterwards, Kirk's dad was gracious enough to host this amazing luncheon at the Huntington Beach Hilton where we enjoyed a huge room to ourselves to visit and mingle with our family and friends. Our nephew Bentley showed us how to go out in style and after our long day, many of us followed his lead and napped ourselves. The picture with the view was taken from our room at the Hilton where Kirk's dad hooked us up for our "second honeymoon" as many are calling it. What an amazing weekend! Life is good, life is very good!

12 comments:

Melanie said...

Congrats! I'm so happy for you two. Together FOREVER :)

Katie said...

My little Chelsea is all grown up! I knew you'd settle down one day, haha! J/K Chels! I am sooo happy for you guys. You seem so happy and its apparent how much you both love each other. I wish I could have been there for your big day...at least I was there for the first wedding, right? Haha, that was cold and rainy too wasn't it?

holly said...

I'm so happy for you guys! What an awesome experience. You are so cute and deserve the best. I'm glad you are so happy with your hubby!

kimberlee shaffer said...

Great job you guys!!! I am sure everything was beautiful! Love you both.

Taryn said...

congrats chels!! that is so wonderful!

Anonymous said...

congrats! that awesome. im so happy for you. what a special day! it was so good to hear from you, and I wanted to get together with you, and many freinds in CA when we were there, but it just didnt happen. im sorry about that. im sure you know how busy you get when visiting family. it was so fun, and so busy. i needed more than a week for sure. but lets keep in touch, and one day we'll get together. you look so pretty as always! i love that he called you chel-see-a! thats hilarious, and very cute at the same time. a very funny story to tell! talk to you later

Theresa Rodriguez said...

oh chels! CONGRATS! i am so happy for you both. thats so awesome. you guys are glowing! nothing is more exciting then what you just went through. i am so looking forward to getting sealed to dave in march! happy happy times. xoxo

leslie said...

just want to add my own congrats. chels, i love you!

julie said...

I am so happy for you two! It looks like a wonderful day with family & friends. I'm sure it was an amazing experience for you & all your loved ones. Yippee!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, so we finally got the internet! It was so much fun to see you guys! We miss you and I just can't seem to give Bentley enough attention after he sees you guys! Love you!

Lindsay said...

Hey Chels! Found you on Leslie's blog! I'm so happy for you guys! That is awesome. Whatcha guys doing down in Vegas? Danny and I live up in Utah, and have for about 3 years. Anyway i miss you and am glad I found your blog!

Emily said...

Kirk and Clesea CONGRATS! That is so awesome!