Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

Happy (belated) Thanksgiving everyone! I hope everyone had a wonderful time with their fair share of turkey:) Of course us Weber/ Schillings understand the importance of eating around this holiday. While the eating and time spent with family is so special to us, I am so grateful for the many rich blessings I have been given! Including the following:
  • Family! I love our new little family that we made this year
  • Friends! We are so lucky to have so many fun and loving friends
  • The Church! Kirk and I are so thankful to be apart of the true and living church of Jesus Christ and to have such a loving ward and wonderful callings
  • Our home! We love where we live, love that we can own a home, and love that we have heating during these cold winter months!
  • A free country! We get to have so many liberties and freedoms that we sometimes take for granted
  • Food and all other necessities! We have ample food, clothes, transportation, and health care.We started off our Thanksgiving trip with another plane flight (Malia's 2nd now!) to Denver Colorado to visit my family. My cousin Amber lives out there with her family.
This is Malia with her newest cousin Kiyoshi!! Kiyo is 5 weeks here and just the cutest thing you have ever seen! I was so glad these two were able to get to know each other and am sure they will have so much fun playing with each other as they get older.
I really loved holding Kiyo and it made me scarily baby hungry for another newborn! Yikes! I better be careful for what I wish for, I am NOT ready for another one just yet (but ask me again in a few months;)
Of course no vacation is complete without our fair share of site seeing. We hiked, toured, shopped and hung out tons. Almost anything is fun when you're doing it with your loved ones!
My beautiful cousin Amber and I! We got to be pregnant together which was so fun and now we have beautiful babies to play with! Can you believe how awesome she looks after 3 kids?! I love her!
Me and the Hubs hiking Flatirons in Boulder. It was gorgeous!!
We were supposed to get a gnarly storm while we were there, but it never came. Amber's pointing out the little snow that we saw during the whole trip. It was plenty cold for us California folk though!
I am obsessed with these girls! They are instant best friends: Teya, Tiegan and Malia.
Tiegan is such a good girl and big helper. I really love the fact that Malia is about the same size as Tiegan at 5. What a porker!
Hiking with dad. This is as close to pregnant as Kirk will come. These two sure did have a blast hiking around Eerie.
This Thanksgiving we celebrated as a family of 3. I can't remember what life was like before having this bundle of joy now. This Thanksgiving I reflected on how grateful and happy I am to have had a baby. After trying so long to get this munchkin down to us, we finally have her. And now life is complete! (Until Kirk can convince to me start making more!)
Colorado is beautiful! We loved it there! There are so many wide open spaces (which Kirk wishes we had more of in San Clemente) and the snow capped mountains, clean air and delicious water beacon our return sometime soon;)
I'm always talking about how good the water is in other places. I wish we had decent water in southern California, but our water is junk.
Cousins!
Auntie Lori (Bubba) with Tiegan and Malia
The whole Martinez, Petersen, Weber and Schilling crew. My cousin Maile (who ironically also married a Schilling of no relation) is pregnant!! We are so excited for her!
The birds we partook of. They were yummy of course
Cousins! Bubba, Maile, the little ones and us!
This picture just makes me happy. I can't get over how cute Teya and Malia are holding hands and looking at each other. And then there is adorable Tiegan and my newest nephew Kiyo that I already miss so much!
We call baths "buchas" in our family, so this picture is entitled, "Bucha Time!!"
Alrighty! That was a lot of pictures to post! Malia is a fan of Giraffes- both on her feet and in her mouth. Thanks for the great times family and for the great hospitality Martinezs! We love you a whole whole bunch!

4 comments:

The last Unicorn said...

you guys have been busy!!! She is getting so big and I love that big smile of hers, what a cutie!

Tyree Judd said...

Hi Chelsea! It was great to hear from you! Especially since I'm not in fb anymore :) its been a long time since I have seen pix of malis. She is BEAUTIFUL! Getting So big! Your pics are awesome and it looks life is great for you guys! Such a gorgeous fam!!

Stephanie said...

Hey there. What's your address? I want to send you a Christmas card :)

Katie said...

LOL, in the close up of Kirk holding Malia in the baby carrier, it looks like he has boobs, but its really Malia's arms, hahhaa, too funny!