
On December 1st, when Malia was exactly 4 and a half months old, we started rice cereal! She did fantastic! Our pediatrician said usually he likes them to start at 5 months but when I mentioned how Malia is staring us down as we eat now, grabbing for our glasses and utensils, and sometimes still seems hungry after I nurse her at dinner, she said we could go at it. At go at it we did!
Malia's face kills me above. She's like "what mom, you are the one that made me all messy and you expect me to smile at you? Whatever."

This was actually her first spoonful fed by her Nana. Do you see how she is even opening her mouth in anticipation?

If watching Malia make funny noises and sounds isn't entertaining enough, you get to watch mom, dad and grandma make funny noises and faces as well. Yeah, we are all dorks and Malia is probably so confused at her weird family;)

It has to be a weird thing for a new little baby! All this time she has only been on breast milk and now she is sitting up in a high chair with a spoon of firmer stuff on it being put in her mouth! I am surprised she did as well as she did! She will be 5 months this next Thursday (also on our 4 year anniversary) and has begun rice cereal for breakfast and dinner.
I cried that night of her first real meal experience. I still want to cry sometimes when I see her eat or roll over (which she started doing this last week!). I don't know what my problem is! I'm so excited for these milestones but at the same time I would really like it if she stayed my little baby forever.
Guess this is why you have more kids. But no, I am not pregnant or ready for that again.
No comments:
Post a Comment