Friday, December 17, 2010

Happy 5 months to Malia and Happy 4 years to us!





Malia turned 5 months old yesterday (December 16th). It's hard to believe that she's almost a half a year old! I would really like it if she stopped growing. Here's some of the amazing things Malia is doing now:
  • She is rolling! Not a ton, but she does
  • She is eating rice cereal and LOVES it. She makes "mmm" sounds the whole time eating
  • She is graduating from size 2 diapers soon
  • She is wearing 9 month old clothes and has been known to wear some 12 month stuff too!
  • Her hair is coming in lighter and growing long
  • She giggles and laughs and "talks" so much
  • She sometimes gets scared if she wakes up in a new place and doesn't see mom or dad
  • She sits up almost all by herself
  • She does sit-ups in her carrier now
  • She can grab and pick up just about anything
  • She may be teething, tons of drool
  • She had her first blood drawn to test for allergies- they did a horrible job and I cried
  • She laughs at Hobbs and he likes to give her kisses
Kirk had to go out to Chicago for a quick job and so Malia and I had a slumber party in our room while he was gone. I let her nurse as much as she wanted, cuddled and kissed her and we woke up smiling at each other this morning. I love these moments. I don't care that she wakes up in the middle of the night still because it's my favorite time with her. She's always happy, never cries and we just get to be close.
Kirk and I also celebrated our 4 year anniversary on December 16th also! Now that's really weird to think we have been married 4 years. It goes so fast. Everyone says that, but it's true. In keeping with tradition, we have been having cold and rainy days here in San Clemente the last couple of days, just like when we got married. We went out to lunch for our anniversary and will have to celebrate a little more this next week. My darling husband got me flowers and made me the most awesome card with pictures cataloging our fun times together.
I can't wait to celebrate another 50+ years with him and spend all of eternity loving him. He is my best friend. I'm so lucky!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Malia is so pretty! Just like her mama:) Did Katie take those pictures of her? So cute, they are great. Happy anniversary too.

kimberlee shaffer said...

Wow what a big girl and so so pretty!!! My mom still says that the middle of the night feedings were her favorite because it was quiet special time with each of us. i love it too!! You are a good mommy!

Rachelle said...

oh that baby of yours! she is so adorable.

so, forest just starting sleeping through the night. it's no biggy that she isn't yet, she is still so little. nurse away!