Tuesday, December 23, 2008

(Ugly) Christmas Sweater Party at the Hennings!

Now some of these sweaters that are you about to see are actually cute, but as for me a Kirk in our nasty 80's sweater get-ups we made the "ugly" in sweater party come true! It was a fun night of yummy homemade soup, wassail, Christmas songs and white elephant exchanges. Kirk and I both managed to bring home less than Blockbuster sell-out dvds, while others were lucky enough to take home things like Roman candles, doo-rags and jars of pickles!
We had a good time and a big shout out to Dave and Stephanie and Jon and Jill for their wonderful party planning talent!
Some of the Christmas posse: Jon and Jill, Britt and Joe, me and Kirk and Steph down on the bottom
Whip cream mustaches from the hot chocolate:)
Cute enough for a Christmas card!

Now that my whole family is in town and we have stuff planned every second of the day, I am not sure when I will be blogging next. We take off for Cabo the day after Christmas for a week so I can hopefully get some color on my pasty white skin! Kirk and I didn't make Christmas cards this year, so we wanted to wish you all a very MERRY CHRISTMAS with love and peace and lots of fun for the holidays! We love you all!! XOXOXO

3 comments:

Rachel said...

What a fun party! It is so great to have good friends close by! Have fun on your trip.

Katie said...

I think your sweater is the cutest! LOL, the others are hideous, accept for the striped one. What a fun idea, looks like a great party!

Stephanie said...

What a fun idea for a party. I might have to steal the idea next year. I love throwing parties!