Monday, June 2, 2008

Memories of Memorial Day..

Because riding bikes has become one of our favorite things to do, we ventured up to Newport for some bike riding on Memorial Day. Kelly was awesome enough to join us and we had a blast cruising up to Huntington and down to Balboa. It could not have been a more gorgeous day! What could be better than lunch at Wahoo's, sidewalk sales, sun on our shoulders and gelato to finish the day?? Oh yeah, spending it with 2 super fun people!
What I like about this picture is that you are actually looking at the playground and court for an elementary school. So, the kids basically play on the beach during recess which is just about the coolest thing I have ever seen! Even when I was student teaching at Sunset Elementary on the North Shore of Oahu, we had a park that separated us from Pipeline. Yeah, otherwise those little gromes would be catching a few waves during their 20 minute recess break!
So we started our ride with two bikes for 3 people.. Creativity was needed here. This tandem biking didn't last too long and we rented another bike so we could all participate.
It's a good thing Kelly and I are so incredibly skinny and were able to fit on one seat;) FYI she is living in the cutest beach cottage right on the beach in Newport and even has a little shoebox of a room for us to stay in when we come up! Yeah for holidays! Long weekends rule!

1 comment:

Katie said...

CUTE CUTE pictures Chels! I love your cover up, hat and sunglasses! And I can kinda see your cute haircut. I can't wait to see you guys! We leave for AZ tomorrow!