
Life has become so hectic for us that it was really nice to get away for a weekend in Mexico! We went down to Club Marena in Rosarito with the Wares, Claytons and their buddy Nate. It was a fantastic trip! I just wish we could have stayed longer to forget about the cares and worries of back home! The weather was gorgeous, the surf was good for the boys and the company was superb! :)

We spent our day lounging by the pool and working on our tans. I unfortunately had to lay out next to these two skinny blondes;) But it's okay, I like them enough that I didn't mind feeling like the big girl in town!

We managed to go site seeing for a little bit and ventured up to the "Jesus statue" on the hill. If you've ever been down to Mexico you would have seen it. Glad we were able to go explore and admire the awesome views from above.

No trip south of the border would be complete without lobster from Puerto Nuevo! It was delicious! Let me tell you! Kirk and I got 6 lobsters with all the fixins' we were stuft when we finished. And of course we were able to fit in some carne asada tacos and tortas for lunch that day so we dined in classic Mexico style.

The resort was so nice! I seriously loved every second of relaxing! Brette and Marsha are the funnest ever so having fun is just about as easy as a Sunday morning!

Here is that Jesus statue I was talking about. And there is my husband in the middle of it looking kinda like a dork. But that's okay, that happens to be why I love him so much.

Da boys: Kirk, Johnny, Matt and Nate- surfer bros for life;)

One of the last pictures we might take with just the two of us. Actually, there are already 3 in the picture, one just happens to be a five pound incubated baby:)

Two gorgeous blondes! Brette and Marsha as we toured the resort.

We could have all gotten used to waking up to these views from our house every day. It reminded me of living in Hawaii where my backyard was a white sandy beach and crashing waves. It's fun to dream that Kirk and I will someday live out in Hawaii but for now we are pretty happy where we are at!

Me and Brette after the spicy tacos at Taco Surf!

Ah, a little piece of heaven..

Bye bye for now vacations. We will see you again in a few months after we have our little pumpkin with us.
5 comments:
Chels! That looks like SO much fun. I am so glad to see that people are still going to baja! That gives me the green light to take Mike down there sometime. He has never been and I kept on hearing it was not safe anymore. May I ask how it was for you on that aspect? Did you feel safe or did you hear about any crazy stuff when you were down there? Thanks!
I love babymoons! And your belly looks so cute in a bikini!
it does look like Hawaii! YAY for babymoons!
Good for you guys for getting away before baby comes!! You are brave in a bikini- but I'd do the same if I'm at a secluded resort with just friends. You look great!
Ok, only you can pull off a bikini while preggers! I would have just looked like a chubby beached whale, haha! Man, Zach and I need a vacation like that! I'll be in town June 17-27 we HAVE to get together!
Post a Comment