I am still determined to find whoever said that pregnancy lasts 9 months and correct them. I am 8 months pregnant now (32 weeks) and yet I still have another 2 months to go! I did read however that elephants are usually pregnant for 22 months or almost 2 years, so I guess I really shouldn't be complaining:)I'm not trying to complain because I LOVE IT! Even though Malia is getting persistently stronger and more active, the small pains that she causes are almost endearing to me. I know she's doing good and for that I am grateful.
I am starting to slow down though. With my recent lack of good sleeping I am tired more during the day and after a day's worth of working I am so exhausted I just want to take a bath and crawl into bed. What's wrong with me?! I usually have more energy than I know what to do with but I feel as though it's my body's way of letting me know, "hey, slow down. Be prepared to be constantly tired for the rest of your life." Is that a sad realization? I am probably doomed to be tired from here on out (at least that is what other mothers claim).
C'est la vie. I can handle it.
On another note, my wonderful sister and dad painted the baby's room yesterday and I love it! It is coming together, slowly yet surely. Assembling the crib next is on Kirk's "Honey-Do" list.
I kinda feel like I am really consumed in this pregnancy, but truthfully, we are busy with other stuff too! I sold 2 houses this month, am in escrow with another and am working on a few others trying to get them to go through. I have been looking for different cars for different clients at the auctions, and still sell my Scentsy! (let me know if you'd like some, the new spring and summer line is amazing) We have started the exterior of our house and are currently looking for the right landscaping to complete the remodel we started last summer. Kirk is crazy busy working on his various projects and is so good at what he does. I am lucky to have such a hard working, honest and loving husband. He never complains that he has to work so much and he is going to be the best dad ever.
Well, I am going to go give Hobbs a bath now. He kinda smells.

7 comments:
You are an amazing girl and you are going to be an amazing mommy! Malia is a lucky little angel to have you two as parents! The tired issue - yes, its true. I was so use to not sleeping, though, it didn't affect me too bad! Now that I am having to go back to work, I'm sure I will be singing, or snoring, a different tune!
I LOVE that picture of you-and we can see your face this time :) Love the cardigan! I so remember how tired I felt the last few months, we were in the middle of summer here in PR. I was all swollen and hot, LOL! I say nap as much as you can. You'll be really tired for the first few months, but then baby will sleep through the night. Hayden is sleeping through the night now, woohoo! I wasn't as tired with Mia because I could sleep when she napped. I've definitely been more tired with two, but I also feel like I'm doing a lot more. Miss you like crazy! Hopefully I'll get to see you next month while I"m in town!
Chelsea you look amazing! Your baby is almost here, that is so exciting! The first few months you will be tired and time will just blur, but then you get into a routine and she will sleep longer and it won't be as bad. I can't wait to see your beautiful baby:)
You look soooo good for 8 months, seriously. I am so happy for you! We miss you in our little bunco group! And I just have to say...take naps. Because you will never be able to nap the same again worrying when the baby will wake up from her nap. :)
I love the last line. Hobbs kinda smells. Haha. I miss him! But...I miss you guys more! I know Dave gets lots of Kirk time, but i feel crazy out of the loop. It's been a busy month so far. Hopefully i'll get to see you guys tomorrow! xoxo
chels, your too cute and are gong to make such a great mom! i always laugh when people say 9 months also, it's like 10. sometimes it seems like forever, but your going to make it! and when my babies are cranky and needy i often times wished i was still pregnant, they were easier to take care of when they were on the inside- but i am sure malia is going to be an angel and you won't feel that way :)
cutest pregnant girl!!!! Malia is such a cute name too!!! Good luck!! It's so close :)
Post a Comment