Saturday, April 17, 2010

Medevil Times my Lord and Lady!

So in case you haven't been, you might want to check it out sometime, especially if you have some kids! The deVilliers and us went out for a fun birthday night at Medevil Times. They hadn't been before and it's been decades since Kirk and I had gone. It's a little more cheesy than I remember but hey, they feed you while being entertained so who's not down for that?
Before I get into the photo-journaling of the show, I want to draw your attention to this amazing model of a treehouse that Jason made. You might remember when Kelly and I got to be on the Yo Gabba Gabba show where we had a "party in a treehouse with the SOUNDS." Jason is a super talented director, producer, screen writer and editor and we had SO much fun being on that show!
Okay, back to the main event...
It was very difficult to control the amount of excitement the night had to offer. I mean we were practically jumping out of our seats with the thrills of the fencing, jousting and comedy. Our black and white knight lost first though. So that kinda sucked.
We made some Medevil friends with the locals. If you would like to purchase this knight in shining amour, it's only $6,300. I mean, who wouldn't want to buy it for that reasonable price?..
Towards the beginning of the night, before you would think people had enough time to get completing drunk and belligerent, we had the opportunity to watch a full blown fight go down! See what happens when you drink and watch a bunch of knights on horses! These Vatos started harassing the couple in front of them and before you knew it, glasses and bottles were being thrown and it was a bloody mess! The security guards got involved and everyone was punching and kicking and yelling! It was too much! We didn't know whether to watch the horses or the fighting drunks!
Dinner and a show is what we paid for and dinner and a couple of great shows is what we got:)
And there you have it! That was our fun night out. Thanks to Jason and Kelly for always being so down for any adventure that we think up. We can't wait to travel the world with them someday!

p.s. On a side note: When the heck did I get I get so big? I am not trying to say I am fat because I know I am not. But holy cow! I need to re-evaluate my outfits before going out! My goodness!!

No comments: