Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Go get 'em baby!!

Every now and then a little bragging is in order for your husband I believe. Since things started slowing down with his company around the holidays, Kirk has decided to take matters into his own hands. He studied and got his General Contracting License, and ever since then has been blowing up!! It seems like everything you read or hear about the economy is doom and gloom, but not with Kirk. He is currently building a house down at Lost Winds (upscale beach area in San Clemente) and is now under contract to do a huge, total remodel on a house in San Juan Capistrano, and now even thinks he has lined up yet another tenant improvement in Irvine! Seriously, we would have been grateful for just one of these jobs, but 3?!!! And it's only March. He started this stuff half way through January!
So, this is his proud wife reporting in on how grateful and blessed we feel right now that Kirk has such a great job! I am sorry if this is not the sort of post you wanted to read, but I just want to share our blessings.
Sometimes things don't turn out the way you would like, like when Kirk and I both got laid off from different jobs while out in Las Vegas. That time really sucked, but we were able to move back to California and start a new life here and are so thankful we did!
Ok, I'm done boasting about my husband, but if he reads this, I just want him to know that I think he's a stud!! And if any of you want a committed, hard working, intelligent guy to build or remodel their house, let me know!

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

You are such a sweet wife! I can tell you love your husband very much!

Katie said...

Get it Kirk! That is so great! I'm so glad to hear how well things are going. Both of you are go getters!

holly said...

Bragging about your hubby is always ok. And Kirk deserves to be getting a lot of work if he's putting in all that effort. Good for you both!

Taryn said...

that is so great...i am glad the economy is treating a few people well!

Chrissy said...

Good for Kirk! Taking the bull by the horns!

Rachel said...

That is great Chelsea. I am so happy for you guys. Kirk is awesome, and you are such a good wife to let him know it.

Nicole said...

YOU SHOULD BRAG ABOUT HIM! If you can't, what's the point in being with him! That's awesome and tell him we said congratulations!