Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Kelly's Bachelorette Party!!

You know what's harder than spelling bachelorette? Trying to gather the energy to go out and dance til the late hours on a work night! Of course when you are going out for one of your favoritest (not a word but I'd like to make it one) friends, it makes it a lot easier. Kelly is getting married on Saturday in the Newport Beach Temple and the countdown commenced with a ladies' night out of sushi and dancing at Ocean Ave. Brewery! I haven't been there for probably 3 years or longer, but remember how great the 80's night is every Tuesday. The music still rocks! And I was surprised to hear that it is now a very popular "Mormon" hang out spot- who would've known? What a blast we had! Not that I was totally surprised, but I was just thinking that I was getting too old for that kind of stuff, and I was wrong! I'll never be too old to go out and have a fun time with the girls:)
The night started with this to get us all moving...We are all tru Rockstars at heart!
Then we prepartied here for some sush in our side ponies and 80's appareal
Some fun little gifts for the bride-to-be were definitely in order
Serious talk of the temple experience, wedding plans and everything that goes along with it were discussedThe obligatory party favor beads and glow sticks were put onSushi was consumed to sustain the energy we needed for the remainder of the night
The rest of the posse hit the dance floor appromiately around 10ish
And we danced and we danced and we danced and danced somemore! Gosh, I was a sweaty mess by the time the night was over and it had never felt so good!
With my ears ringing and my eyes starting to blur, we exited the scene and headed home to admit success in having a fun party for Kel!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Fun! Gotta love a good bachelorette party :) By the way, your boobs look really big in that last picture--did I just say that? ;-)

Rachel said...

Sounds like a whole lotta fun. Wish I could have been there to dress up and dance the night away with all of you cute girls!