Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Welcome Home Corey!!!

A couple weekends ago, we were able to go up and visit the Schilling clan. It was especially wonderful because I finally had the chance to meet my nephew Corey! He had just left on his mission to New York when Kirk and I started dating, so I hadn't had the chance to meet him. It must be kinda funny for him to get home and be introduced to his new aunt that married Kirk while he was gone! It's also a bit funny that I have a nephew that is only a couple of years younger than me! He is closer in age to me than my little sister- it's bizarre. However, Corey is a GREAT kid and served an amazing mission. He even walked off the plane in his suit and tag which I thought was pretty neat.
He shared with us some good stories from his mission and had such wonderful things to say about his time there. I was really impressed with this strong young man and while his mother passed away while he was on his mission he remained stalwart and motivated to work harder. I love the Schilling Family- they are some of the most amazing people I know.
Good job Corey! You did it!
The beautiful miss Kennedie with her sign for Corey. All of us went up to the Oakland airport to greet Corey as he got off the plane. It was so neat how everyone made signs and banners and were so excited to see this young missionary.
The awesome Nate, Brenden and Kyle! The "welcome" sign is missing in this photo, but what do you expect with all these little monkeys holding em!;)
Perhaps a little overwhelmed by the welcoming committee, but he looked great!
Kirk with his two nephews, Danny and Corey. Corey's the oldest and Danny still has a few more years before he'll be venturing off on his mission. I keep telling him that if he keeps making that face one of these days it's going to get stuck like that!
We were really lucky to have the opportunity to go up for that special event and wish Corey good luck with BYU in the fall and whatever else comes his way!

4 comments:

Nicole said...

Thanks for the advice! Things are going really wel yesterday I didn't feel too hot so I stayed home from work. I threw up for the first time! Ugh! I don't know if it's because I took my prenatal pills too late, if it was the strawberries that didn't agree with me or if it was my first expereince with morning sickness. But it was only once and that was it. I haven't felt bad since, so I'm thinking it had nothing to do with the pregnancy!

I made my 1st appt. next Friday, the 22nd. I will be 9 1/2 weeks by then! I am too the point where I just need to hear that little heartbeat to make me feel better. I just don't feel anything (except hunger) that tells me I'm pregnant. I know that's normal, but I can't wait to have that reassurance! We are so excited!

As far as belly pictures - I did take one that I will post. It was right after I found out so I could remember that I really was thin at one point in my life. Just in case I never make it back there! Haha! I'm not REALLY showing anything yet, but my pants are a bit tight. That's only because I've been eating like a mad woman!

I will definitely let you know what happens at my 1st doctor appt! Love ya girl!

Nicole said...

I just realized that I had a lot of typos in that message! My bad!

Chinos :) said...

Tomas's family is all over the place and when we got married I hadn't met his brother and their family it was wierd to have family that I hadn't met yet.. :)

Anonymous said...

So good to see you guys! I miss you so much! Can't wait for Kirk and David to start their own business so we can live by each other! Love you and good luck on your test!