Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Happy Birthday to the Love of my Life!

So at dinner tonight with Joe and Brittany, I had one too many diet cokes and now I am having the hardest time sleeping! But it's ok because I wanted to write this post when Kirk wasn't around anyway to write all about why I am so madly in love with him. I'm super grateful for February 18th, because that is the day I get to spend extra time celebrating Kirk! First off, I want to say that my mom is awesome because she surprised Kirk with that cake for when we got back from our long weekend. My family loves Kirk to death and it's easy to see why. You might ask why the interesting choice on candles, but we couldn't find any birthday candles. Everyone knows that you have to blow out candles to get your wish, so we improvised:)
It's super cheesy, but I knew I was going to marry Kirk after only a few dates with him. From the second I remember seeing him, he was nothing but smiles and I was instantly attracted to him! I couldn't believe that someone as handsome, talented, smart, righteous, happy and fun could also be so down to earth! He is by far the greatest thing that has ever happened to me and I would be ungrateful for not letting him know that everyday.
I wanted to make a list about some of the reasons why Kirk is so amazing to me:
Numero uno: HE'S SMOKING FINE!!!!! I know he'll hate to see this picture I posted of him, but come on- my husband is so hot that I am entitled to some bragging rights;)
2. He is so positive and manages to stay happy even when he's worked a 12 hour day, or feels like crud, or is super hungry or just plain exhausted. I admire how hard he works and how he never complains. I have some serious learning to do from him.
3. Kirk has an infectious sense of humor and is always just so fun to be around. I know that when we are old and wrinkly we will still be busting up and having a blast at whatever we do.
4. He has a good heart and is such a good person! I look up to him in so many ways. He is strong, unwaivering, loyal and the best husband anyone could ask for.
5. So cliche I know, but he's my best friend. Whether it's traveling around the world or just playing cards at home in sweats, we do everything together! I love how active he is and how he can keep up with my energy!
6. Kirk is so driven and ambitious. He doesn't need me or anyone else to push him. He has an inner sense of obligation and knows that he is going to be something great (well he already is).
7. I'm amazed at how he is good at everything! People can be athlete, but come on! The boy can surf huge waves, kick trash at jiu jitsu, ride bikes, wake board, snowboard, and still be better at me in tennis and any other sport he just "picks up."
8. He's a great artist and doesn't even flaunt that talent.. unreal.
9. Kirk is such a generous and giving person. He does so much for others and really doesn't ever expect anything back in return. He likes seeing people happy and have a good time and to him that is what is important.
10. Kirk is sooo patient with me. Take Moo for example. He puts up with me wanting to cuddle and dress her and never complains even though for any guy, that must really bug. Aside from that, I can be a moody person and demanding at times and Kirk just listens and puts up with it and even goes the extra mile by telling me I'm wonderful and that he loves me.
11. Kirk loves kids and will be such a great dad one day. I already told him this, but our fourth date or so we went to the lake with all of his family and I fell in love with him there after seeing how he interacted his family. He was loving, helpful and so much fun! He was so great with all of his nieces and nephews and I knew that day that he was the one for me. I think he'd have a dozen kids if I'd let him!
12. I love Kirk's laugh and how he sings along to the radio. I love how he looks at me and always holds my hand. I love how his eyes look green when he's wearing green and how they look blue when he's wearing blue. I love the look on his face when he's really concentrating on something. I love how he'll take initiative to take out the trash or fix the sink without being asked. I love how he tells me I'm beautiful when I'm having the world's worst day. I love how he loves me and I love him forever for that.

Happy 29th birthday to the most awesomest man I know!!

13 comments:

Melanie said...

Kirk sounds amazing. You guys are the cutest couple I've ever seen.

Katie said...

Happy Birthday Kirk! Thanks for being such a great hubby to Chels! Miss you guys!

Chinos :) said...

Ah Chels look at you all in love! And yes get baby hungry cuz dang your kids will be so so cute! And I can tell that you would be happy with your man on a beach with an Orange! LOl so funny that I remember that.. But you found him :) ya I am super close to having my baby, and its killing me I am ready to be done being prego!

Chrissy said...

Cute post :) Happy Birthday Kirk! Lets go celebrate!

Katie said...

Question:Did you know that you can make your pictures bigger when you post them? They're way too small...especially the ones with Kirk's HOT bod! Hahaa, I had to double click on it! Just checking ;-)

Emily said...

Happy birthday to Kirk! We miss you guys!!

Nicole said...

AAAAHHHHHHH! I LOVE YOU GUYS! I LOVE YOUR LOVE AND THE WAY YOU LOVE IT! HAHA! HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIRK! FROM BOTH DOANERS! Yep. . .BOTH of us!

Jessica Kettle said...

hey chels! I just saw your blog and wanted to tell you how fun it was to see you at the shower! THanks for all your help! This is such a cute post. Happy B-day Kirk!

julie said...

So sweet! Looks like you had a great vacation up north. We will be down for a lot longer next month... last weekend went so fast, I should have let you know about the games though... sorry girl! I will definitely be giving you a call soon

Theresa Rodriguez said...

Yay to Kirk! Happy birthday. You two are just perfect for each other!

K+C=M+K said...

Chelsea,

I just read what you wrote about me...how are you the most wonderful girl in the whole widest world? Gosh I love you.

Anonymous said...

sweet chels! you are the cutest girl ever! I love that you found the man of your dreams! thats cool that our hubbies have the same birthday. We went to the Suns game the night if his birthday, which was way fun! it was a great game, and it was fun to see Shaq play with them now. love the cake you made, and especially the candles! im so bummed that im not there in utah when your there. there are so many great couples there to hang out with, and im sure you guys hang out with them already. since we pretty much have a lot of the same freinds, or at least know the same people. im jealous that your in hawaii right now!!! Oh to the old times when we were there, so young and such beach bums! haha have so much fun. its so great to keep in touch with ya. talk to you later

Brady Fam said...

That is so fun to read and spreads excitement in making me reflect on my own "blessing"- sure glad I wrapped mine up before he get away. ;) You have to for sure print that up and keep in your desk drawer-- fun to see at random times. Also, when kids come along you need to make it available for them to "happen" upon- them sneakingly reading it. Teaches a lot! keep up the good work you two!