Still trucking away on my awesome caffeine high, I post yet another wonderful blog to all you out there. For the long President's weekend, Kirk ralleyed the troups for a fun getaway up to Sunny San Luis Obispo. With surfboards in tow, we raced with other vacationers up North where we met up with Mitch, Lindsey and Micah Lundquist and Lindsey's sister, Kate as well as Derek and Brittany Simmons and their newest addition, little Jack. The boys were all excited to hit up the big swell, and the girls were excited to shop, hang out and just get away for a couple days. We had a great time touring the sites, eating out and visiting all manner of shops, museums, beaches and historical sites. All of us visited San Luis Obispo's Mission and explored the old mission that has since been turned into a full service church. In the courtyard there was this huge tree that had beautiful, large blossoms and I just had to take a picture because I felt like I was staring at a cherry tree in Japan or something. It was awesome. As a side note: I did my Mission project on San Luis Obispo when I was in the 5th grade, pretty fun, huh?
After spending a couple days in SLO (as the locals call it) we continued further north to Paso Robles which is a darling little winery community. We unloaded our stuff and decided to visit Hearst's Castle which is on your way to Big Sur. We marveled at this gigantic house that stood alone on this mountain. William Hearst purchased 256,000 acres of land in the San Simeon area many years ago, and his life's work was to complete this ostentacious and elaborate mansion. There are actually 5 tours that you would have to take to view all of his estate, so we were only able to see a fraction of the castle. There are over 60 bathrooms to give you an idea on the size of this place and each room is decorated to the nines. It's not really my style of design, but WRH had a pretty nice pad in his day.
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
Big Sur, San Luis Obispo and Fun with Friends..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I've still never been there! It looks beautiful. How fun you had so many friends to meet up with. You're a popular girl Miss Chels! How funny that Kirk was carrying that baby around and he didn't even have to! (Not sure if Zach would have done that until he absolutely had to ;-))
So good to see you guys too! I hate leaving you because I miss you so much. I wish we lived by each other! Maybe someday! Chelsea-I am so glad you love my brother so much, it definitely takes a special person to love him the way you do! :) He is really lucky!
You guys left without us! We tried the whole trip to catch up and just barely missed you at every stop! Although it would have been fun to go TOGETHER, we had an awesome time on our own! :o)
Post a Comment