Thursday, August 12, 2010

What's up with Malia lately

This is Malia with her awesome Auntie Britt! Brittany was the first one to see her come out! A big thank you for taking her birthday pictures coming into the world! We love you!
We are FINALLY getting back to reality with our social life! Whew! I was getting serious baby blues being cooped up and deprived of my friends and social life! I think aside from the recovery period, that has been the hardest adjustment- having to stay at home and be committed all the time! It is so nice to get out and do things and have awesome friends to do them with! We had a fun BBQ at our place with some of our besties- it was great!
Oh yeah, our daughter is getting cuter by the minute:) We can't get enough of her!! I sit and stare at her and marvel at how much she is already learning! She knows our voice, follows our faces, smiles (maybe by accident or because of gas) and makes the sweetest noises. The other day while we were walking to the store with her in my sling she was chirping like a bird, yeah, chirping- it was the sweetest thing I have ever heard!
Here is chubby girl! She is packing on the fat rolls and weight! I KNOW she is heavier than when she was born. I love kissing those chubby cheeks- like all day long!
Meet Gisele! This is Malia's best friend! These two girls are exactly 7 weeks apart and are going to be instant buddies! Their moms are best friends and we have already decided they are going to be college roommates one day!
Oh my goodness this baby is my WORLD!
Napping with Dad- they are best buddies too:)
Sami and Dave and the kiddies came down to visit Malia! We love them!!! Sami let me slip away for a facial while she watched her new niece. Bentley and Kamryn had fun with their new cousin.
Family picture with Malia at 3 weeks old
We found out we were pregnant with Malia right when Kamryn was born. They are almost exactly 9 months apart. Can you imagine what life would be like with 2 of these munchkins?! Kirk would have a heart attack.
Cousins! They are going to LOVE playing with each other as they get older. If only they lived down the street from us.. Maybe one day.
Bentley is so sweet with the baby. They loved playing with each other and Malia sure loved the new company. She told me that she sometimes gets sick of hanging out with me all day and likes new faces.
Again, I might eat her up! I can't stand it!
Hi! I'm a happy baby:)
And then we had our first dinner out with the whole family! My parents were there and we enjoyed a yummy evening at Fratellos. Cold stone afterwards finished the night very nicely.
So that's our life in a nutshell. We are loving being new parents. For the most part we have adjusted to this new phase in life.
While in Cold Stone tonight this group of moms with a bunch of kids came in and the kids were screaming and whining and making so much noise. We all looked at each other and couldn't help but laugh! We are okay with Malia crying sometimes, but I am not ready for the loud screaming and whining! It's amazing how you are just ready for the phase in life that you are supposed to be in. One day we will have screaming tots and think, "man, I couldn't imagine having a crying newborn!" Funny how that works, huh?

1 comment:

Shandra and Christian said...

Congrats Chelsea on the new baby! Malia is so adorable!