Monday, July 26, 2010

Malia's 1st Week!!

Hello everyone! I sure have been busy since I have been here! I had no idea how much fun it was going to be outside of my mom's tummy! Here's a look at what I have been up to this week!
Well, I got cuter- that's for sure! I no longer have that really puffy look that I had right when I came out. Everyone is still trying to figure out who I look like. Some say Dad, some say Mom, some say Uncle Travis or one of my aunties.. it's too early to tell I think. I personally think I look like Malia. A little mix of everyone!
I have started to make the funniest faces and the funniest noises! I love exploring these new things and moving around my arms, fingers and legs is so much fun! I don't have a clue what I am doing yet, but I can follow objects and stare at faces. I even smile a lot at people which I am not sure I mean to, but everyone seems to like it:)

I am really loved! There is no doubt about that!
Grandma Freda can't get enough of me! She has been over to our house every day to help out and I know my mom really appreciates that! When mom needs a break grandma is ready to help and hold me. She has the magic touch and can get me to settle down in no time!
My aunties came to visit me and that was a lot of fun! My Auntie Wendy, Auntie Marcia (I don't know where she is in this picture!) and my Auntie Jan came from far, far away to meet me. They are the best aunties and I can't wait to grow up a little so I can play with them! I love them!
This is me at 4 days old on my way to my first doctor's appointment. I decided to dress up a little since I have so many cute outfits that everyone has given me! The pediatrician said that I am a very healthy baby! Everything looks great! I only weigh 7lbs. 6ozs. now- down from my original 8lbs. 1oz., but they said I will probably lose a little weight for the first couple weeks. With how much I have been eating though I feel like I might start putting on weight sooner than that! I LOVE mom's milk! I want to eat all day long and she is so nice that sometimes she lets me. I'm so glad she has no clue what she's doing- she's spoiling me like crazy! teehee!!
Because my umbilical cord hasn't fallen off yet, I only get sponge baths which are not that fun. I hate being naked! Here I am with my first bath time!
And then there are so many other adventures I have been trying:
Like my new swing that plays music, white noise and nature sounds. Dad puts me here if he can't soothe me. I like it a lot.
I really like my 'Little Lamb' baby bouncer that vibrates and plays lullabies. I hang out on the table in it when everyone is eating. That's fun too.
Then there's the sling that helps me feel like I am still inside my mom's tummy. Here my dad just let me lay on his lap after our walk. I fall asleep in it all the time.
My dad LOVES me! I think he is going to be wrapped around my finger forever!
Because my mom gets to breastfeed me, dad needs some bonding time too. This is called "skin to skin" and it helps me remember my dad's touch and smell. I really do love him even though sometimes I fuss for him. Sorry.
We're managing to have a good time and have some humor in our house even though I know my parents are sometimes on the verge of an emotional break down. I make them tired. Really tired. My dad is funny though and helps to cheer my mom up who has probably only gotten a fraction of the sleep she needs to function.
Dad helps dress me and change me and while you see the bassinet in this picture I actually sleep with my mom and dad right now. It's the best way for all of us to get some rest right now. It won't last forever.
My mom's high school friends came to visit one day and that was nice to have the company. There have been other visitors too- mom just forgets to take pictures all the time.
I am a good burper and man does my digestive system work well! I poop and pee like crazy! It's funny when they change me and I make a poopy diaper right after and they change me and then sometimes I'll pee mid change and they have to change me and my outfit again- one time they went through 4 diapers in the course of 10 minutes. I'm such a little stinker!
Here's my family. We are together forever which really makes me happy. I am loved and happy. What a fun adventure I have in store!

7 comments:

Sarah said...

She's gorgeous! Glad to hear she's healthy and doing great. I love the last picture, you guys make very cute family.

Alisa said...

Congrats! She is perfect!

Katie said...

So happy for you Chels! Try to nap when she naps!

kimberlee shaffer said...

She really is so beautiful Chels!! But I knew she would be with two beautiful parents. That was such a cute update, I love hearing how much you guys love her, but how could you not? She is PERFECT! You are such a good mommy!!!!

Rachel said...

What a cute post! Good job for you keeping up on your blogging so we all get to enjoy Malia's cuteness. She is just adorable. I am so happy for you. The sleep things sucks, but it will get better. Love ya!

Katie said...

So I'm thinking I think she looks like your mom. Does she in person? Either way she's a beauty!

Katie said...

Time for an update! Auntie Katie needs to see more pictures of that beautiful baby!