I will never forget this day. It was Malia's first day of (pre) preschool. You cannot tell by her face, but she does in fact like going:) Yes, I realize she just turned 2. And yes, I realize this is more like a "daycare" than a preschool since she goes all day long. But do not dare tell Malia differently because in her perfect little 2 year old mind, she goes to preschool 2 times a week.
I had Kirk go with me for moral support, and come to find out, he needed me there for moral support! He got teary eyed dropping her off which I am glad I did not notice or else I would have lost it.
She nervously cling to my hand for about 15 minutes as we cruised around to meet all of her new friends. There were some tears shed right when we left. But, I was happy to see that the crying had stopped by the time we got back out to our car and peeked over to check on her.
Malia needed this. She is such a smart girl. With her lunch bag in hand, she walks up to school and she tells me about what she will do that day. "Mom, I'm onna sing da ABC song with my friends." "Mommy, dare was animals that come to my school. I saw sheep and pig and cow and chickens. I idn't ride pony cuz I was scared. Next time I ride the pony."
These are the conversations we have now. I am so impressed with her every day and how well she has adjusted. We are on day #4 of preschool and each day is getting better. Last time I picked her up her teacher approached to confirm that she was in fact 2. "Yes," I said, "she just turned 2 last month." Miss Lindy mentioned how advanced she was and how her language was far better than many of the 3 year olds at the school. She asked if she could check to see about getting her into the 3 year old class this new school year.
Brag moment: Of course, this was a proud moment for me. I have been working with Malia since she was old enough to talk. I assume it's because of my education degree and the fact that I love teaching and she loves learning. She has always been a sponge to things I tell her and teach her. It's nice to see that my 4 (well more like 5) years of college to get my degree is paying off somewhere:)
So, this is where Malia goes twice a week now. I miss her when she's gone, but I still have Keely to keep me company and busy. It's a nice "break" to only have 1 kid with me then.
But I sure am excited to pick her up every day and see her smile and run to me and give me a hug. "I love you sooo much mommy!" And boy, do I love her back!

No comments:
Post a Comment