I had chores growing up. I think all kids should have chores, and getting them started early is something Kirk and I feel strongly about. I cringe at how spoiled some kids are around here. Chores teach kids responsibility, gratitude, obedience, and most importantly, hard work.
Malia's first chore is putting away the silverware. She knows the drill when I am unloading the dishwasher that it's "chore time" She likes it! She enjoys helping me. Among her other chores is throwing away hers and Keely's diapers as well as helping me hang up and put away her clothes. I think it is amazing how much kids are able to do once you teach them.
Anyway, we will be adding onto her chore list as she gets older and taller:)

1 comment:
So good to have kids do chores! James helps with taking out the trash and throwing things away. He also "helps" with the laundry... which I hope someday he will be good at because I hate folding it!
Post a Comment