Wednesday, April 20, 2011

9 Month Old Malia





4/16/2011: Malia requested we enjoy her 9 month birthday at the beach since it was SUCH a nice day. Of course her parents obliged.
She loves the freezing cold water, loves playing with and eating the sand, and loves the beach (which I think is probably genetic then?)
She goes CRAZY around other kids and babies (in a good way) and squeals super loud when she's happy. Other things worth noting this month:
  • still just has her two teeth. I love it though, I think it's adorable.
  • she still LOVES eating everything! Her favorite is when mama makes things homemade (post to follow)
  • she sleeps 11-12 hours straight every night (8ish to 8ish) and naps from 9:30ish to 11:30 then again in the afternoon (anywhere from 3-5)
  • she copies things you do now- I love it and it amuses me for hours.
  • she is obsessed with balls, baths, doggies, the swings, kid songs, balloons (although she has been suspended from these because they almost make her bi-polar), adventures outside and exploring new foods.
  • she talks non-stop and "sings" along when I play the piano or when I sing to her. She hums when she's tired or if you hum while she lays her head on my shoulder. On a scale of 1-10 these things are an 11.
  • she'll cuddle and "kiss" me now, especially when she hasn't seen me for a while (she does sleepovers and weekend trips with her grandma Freda)
  • She squeals. A lot. I like it but people at church, stores, quiet-type places probably don't.
  • she rarely fusses and truly is "an easy baby."
  • she is a CRAWLING machine!!! It's more like a slug/army crawl, but she gets around everywhere and into everything.
  • Her skin tans. Phew!
  • She is going to have those blue green Asian eyes. Odd.
  • She went to the doc and got these statistics: **30.5" (95th+ percentile) **20.1 lbs (25th percentile) I always forget the head circumference but it's still in the 90th percentile. Basically she is really tall and slender. But have you seen my husband?? Hmm, one more thing she got from him! I swear, where is me in her?!!! We are still trying to figure out who the mother is.
  • she is fun and we can't get enough of her!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I LOVE when they start giving you kisses! It is the best. She is so cute. I wish we lived closer so we could play (oh, and so our babies could play too:)