Wednesday, January 12, 2011

New Year's Resolutions

This year, I had to really think about the resolutions I was going to make and how practical it would be to keep them. Ideas of working out every day or cooking dinner every night or having a home that was spotless just are not realistic. Instead, I will work on these resolutions:
  • Getting more organized and keeping a schedule: I have never been one that is rigid with schedules but now that we have a baby it's become apparent that I need to develop a schedule that works for Malia, Kirk and myself. We have our schedule posted and I review the next day prior to going to sleep so I know what to expect. Also, I SUCK at organizing! I don't know what it is, but I hate organizing things and my office, closets, and junk drawers have been poorly managed. Not this year. I am getting organized!
  • Realize that I am not perfect and life is not perfect: I can only try as hard as I can, right? And life is going to get hectic and stressful and throw you a few lemons from time to time but I just need to learn to relax.
  • Focus on spending quality time with my family: I want to have date nights with my husband, and engage Malia in quality playtime and activities. We are reading every night and going on walks everyday and teaching her important lessons even early on.
  • Other goals: I want to train for a half marathon that I want to run before the year is up. I want to play the piano more now that we have been gifted a piano from Kirk's family. I will cook dinner at least twice a week (that number will go up as I become more dedicated). I will finish Malia's quilt that I started before she was born. I will get back in shape so that my clothes fit and don't fall off of me (nursing and lack of exercise is just too much). I will do my visiting teaching each month. And I will work on focusing on the positive!

2 comments:

elise lauren photography said...

so i am obsessed with organizing. whenever i'm visiting or maybe if we move there, i will come over and help you!!! i love doing it!.... like i'm totally obsessed. maybe OCD. who knows.

Sarah said...

I'll train/and or run the half marathon with you, but I probably won't begin training until July ;)