Monday, January 17, 2011

6 months old!!!

Guess who is now a half of a year old? I'll give you a hint: She has light brown hair, green eyes, really long limbs and a big round head. Give up? It's Malia! This little joy turned 6 months old on January 16th which means Kirk and I have also been parents now for a full half of a year. Crazy!
My mom took these pictures of her sitting in a mini papasan chair. She is such a big girl! I marvel at this little princess every day and am secretly sad to be celebrating some of these milestones.
Yes, that's right. Malia is sprouting a tooth as we speak! In fact, it has risen to the surface and you can now see it! She had a couple of rough nights with the tooth coming through but has been a champ and in good spirits lately.
I love her hilarious personality and she makes me laugh all day long. We took her to the doc today and here are the stats:
Weight: 16 1/2 lbs (75% percentile)
Length: 27 inches (75% percentile)
Head circumference: 90th percentile!!
I don't know where that sheet is with the dimensions for her head, all I know is that we have one big headed baby!
Other things worth noting about this last month:
  • She sits up by herself! I sometimes have to catch her if she falls over, but for the most part is sitting solo now.
  • She has a tooth (we already went over that I guess)
  • Her hair is long enough now for me to put little clips in (yay for me, boo for dad;)
  • She loves to stand up and can bear weight for long periods of time.
  • She is mostly sleeping through the night (that means for 7-8 hour stretches, 10-11 hours total sleep at night)
  • She doesn't cry much. Only when she's tired. I find her playing in her crib in the morning so who knows when she really does wake up!
  • She spontaneously laughs and squeals and "talks" all day long.
  • She LOVES to read books
  • She loves playing peek-a-boo
  • She loves her bathtime
  • She loves going on walks and outings either in her stroller or Baby Bjorn.
  • She cracks up at Hobbs who has really started to love hanging out with her.
  • She LOVES to eat food! She "mm's" and kicks her feet the whole time we are feeding her. She took to eating like fish take to swimming. We've included rice cereal, oatmeal, sweet potatoes, squash, green beans, peas, carrots, pears, bananas and new today- avocados. She likes them all but isn't a huge fan of pears. weird. you would think she would love them. Maybe too sweet? Guess she does not have her mom's sweet tooth.
  • She'll roll and roll some more and when I nurse her (which I love to do laying down) she'll roll away when she's done and then look back and smile at me. She's so funny!
  • Her favorite toys? Napkins and paper towels. It's awful! She'd rather play with "non-toy" items like paper plates, water bottles, weird containers, you name it. One day I couldn't get her to let go of my lipgloss all day! (don't worry, it was a twist cap impossible to get off)
  • She likes to have her face snuggled or even covered with her swaddle when she falls asleep.
  • She loves everyone
  • She LOVES babies and kids
  • She has eczema on her arms but it seems like it is getting better every day
  • They once tried to draw blood from her little arms for an allergy test and failed. Worst experience of my life with her to date.
  • And I wore UGGS to stake conference because we're from San Clemente
Let's face it, I could go on and on, but I'll leave it when that. We just love her and think she's pretty much the greatest thing in the world:)

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Haha ~ Uggs :)

She is such a beauty! It's crazy how every little thing is amazing with her, huh?

The last Unicorn said...

James loves napkins and wooden spoons too! Too bad the napkins dissolve so fast. We really need to get these kids together. They will be 1 before we know it!