So. We've been a little busy! The expression may be overused, but when it rains it pours! I wish I had some fun pictures to post (those are always the favorite when I look at other's blogs) but I guess everyone will have to wait for next time!
OUR HOUSE: Is still for rent in Las Vegas, and is proving to be a bit of stress for me. I want to find good renters that will take care of the house. It's also hard trying to do it from California and so far we get a lot of response but not a ton of follow through...
OUR NEW HOUSE: Well this is exciting because we actually aren't living with my parents anymore! I would hate to seem like we're celebrating because my parents rock and have been so sweet and generous and great since we've been there, but it was time for us to get a place of our own again. I mean, how are newlyweds really going to feel comfortable with their parents around? Oh, and it's not a house btw- but a super cute apartment close by where we can get to everything we need and there's even views of the ocean! Not bad for an apartment complex. I love that we have a washer and dryer in our place and all brand spankin' new appliances too! It's perfect for us although we had to lose a member of our family for the move:( Moo is now presiding with grandma and grandpa although I come over to see her everyday because i miss her so flippin much!
WORK: Still substituting which I still love. Today I did 5th grade and had a blast with my little friends! They are fun, smart, sweet and constantly keep you on your toes. What's fun is that I was teaching at my mom's school so I have known most of them since they were little tikes and that is always crazy seeing how they grow up so fast!
Still studying my real estate- made it through two classes with one to go to get my agent's license. It's been on the back burner since we had to go to Vegas and move and clean and then were here moving and cleaning.
Still going to the auctions to look for killer deals on cars. In the process of finding my sis-in-law a new car and crossing my fingers we get it for her soon!
Still picking up random shifts at Beachfire which is my social time in a hectic world. Pretty nice to have fun hanging out with friends and people that feel like family and make a nice bit a cash doing it!
KIRK: I'm not just saying this, but he is just plain amazing! He never ceases to amaze me at how hard working, diligent, talented, smart, sweet and loving he can be all at once! He is doing GREAT at his job and loving it too, so that's awesome! I love that man more everyday.
NEW WARD: WE ARE SO BUMMED to be living the SC II ward but are really looking forward to the 4th ward. We are just going to miss our calling of teaching the 11 yr olds- they rocked!
NEW HAIR: I just gave Kirk a little haircut and got one for myself. Now I am super dark and have shaggy bangs- fun new look but can't WAIT for my long hair again.
WEATHER: Welcome SUMMER! Or so it seems. At 90 degrees today I am going to have to find solace at the beach to cool off here, but no complaints- I love the sunshine and the heat!
I'm sure I am forgetting a bunch of updates and will have to edit this blog later, but just wanted to say hi to everyone! I'll be checking your blogs soon:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
Your life sounds like so much fun. You truly are my stylish fun loving happy southern california friend. I love that you have an OCEAN VIEW. Wow. You should put photos of your apartment on your blog.
Oh Moo! Sad!
You are one busy little lady! Good for you! Staying busy keeps you healthy and happy. I say always say BETTER BUSY THAN BORED!
I can't wait to see your new haircut! I hate moving! Like you, its been a great move for us, but it has left me more exhausted than I've been in awhile! Can't wait to see you guys next month =)
you cant post about a new apartment and a new haircut without pictures!! That's against the rules. ;)
Hi Chels,
I will definitely miss seeing you in the ward, but i COMPLETELY understand about having your space. We have been living with my parents and sometimes with my in-laws for NINE MONTHS! I can't wait until we have some privacy again. I'm sure you miss your cute dog though.
I'm with Julia-you have to post pictures or it's just a big tease! Congrats on the new apartment, and I'm so sad you couldn't bring Moo. I'm sure your parents love the extra visits due to the joint custody though. Ha ha.
can't wait for my new car either! and I would rent your house out in a heartbeat if I lived in LV. Can't wait to see your new hair if you come!
Ummm xcuse me, when are you going to post pictures of your new hair?!
Hey girl! Hope all is well, Jon and I just moved to Boise, ID and had to rent our condo out too. I have a really good property manager who takes care of EVERYTHING if you want her info. She screens the renters, collects rent, inspects the property, kicks people out, and if there is a repair under $200 she just takes care of it. She charges between 8-10% of the totally monthly rent, but it is really worth it to me. Anyway let me know
Post a Comment