Friday, May 23, 2008

The IS 250 experience

So one of the millions of reasons why I love Lexus is that they give you a loaner car whenever you need to get something done on your car. Yesterday was a super successful and exciting day for me at the auction. I was able to get a killer deal on a car for my sister in law, Sami. We got her an RX 330 with navigation, bluetooth, back-up cameras, the whole sha-bang for such a great price! I am so excited to bring her the car this weekend! I have the same car myself and absolutely love it to pieces. They are dependable, safe, luxurious and just plain awesome.
After I bought Sami's car, I took it to Lexus for them to do a check-up on it (it's still under warranty and I just wanted to make sure it was going to be perfect) . The loaner car I got was a 2007 IS 250. I love it. I seriously want to drive it everywhere. I have loved my SUV for as long as I've owned it, but this sporty-smaller version is just totally appealing to me right now. It's not like we have kids right now, and our move is over for a while, so why not? Kirk and I took it for a spin along PCH last night to see how fast it could go and how well it handles- we're both sold. So now, I am thinking about selling my SUV and buying a little IS. The gas mileage for these puppies are 24- 32 miles a gallon which is awesome with how gas prices are. This is one of the advantages of having my car broker's license, I can sell my car and then go to the auction and get a new car for an amazing price! I love cars. I must have been a guy in my past life or something. All this because of a loaner car...

6 comments:

Katie said...

Hmmm...for some reason the pictures aren't popping up. Maybe it'll work next time I visit =) I didn't know you had an SUV. You change cars A LOT! That's awesome you have your brokers license!

Nicole said...

I LOVED the IS 250! I loved the IS 350 even more! Haha! We almost got me the IS 350 but they didn't have the color I wanted and I didn't want to settle for what they had! I know, I'm a brat. We were just out looking at cars this past week and Sean almost bought 2 but I'm too picky! We found two BMWs for a really good deal, but then we saw this awesome Benz and a BMW. But then we saw my Infinity G35 and a BMW. Then we thought about getting the Benz and the Infinity G35. Oh yeah, Sean finally said enough and took me home! I'm so indecisive!

Chrissy said...

Lexus is great. We drove an IS 300 for a while and I just adored it.

Lindsay said...

Wow how exciting! I've never been a Lexus person, but we made a stupid mistake and leased a jeep a few years ago, thank goodness it's almost up, so we need to start deciding what to get... your testimony on lexus has gotten me thinking.

Lindsay said...

Wow how exciting! I've never been a Lexus person, but we made a stupid mistake and leased a jeep a few years ago, thank goodness it's almost up, so we need to start deciding what to get... your testimony on lexus has gotten me thinking.

Rachel said...

You will have to post some pictures of your new beauty once you get it. Lexus does make nice cars. Were you able to find a renter for your house?