Can we say "Happy Birthday Timmy?!" On Sunday we were able to have a fun BBQ for Tim's big 23! It's crazy to me that he is only 23- guess he just has the maturity of someone our age:) The weather didn't cooperate and rained for most of the day, but the burgers were so tasty and the treats and cupcakes were amazing! The weather did not stop this party crowd from having an awesome time! Niccole did such a great job hosting this party and made so many yummy things! After a long day at church, Kirk and I are always starved, so, a big thank-you to the Johnsons for a fun party!
Some of the party goers: Kirk, Luke and Naomi (Chrissy had to leave for a meeting), Julie, Nic, Timmy with lil Sadie on the floor somewhere.
Some of the chicas: Sadie, Julie, Me, Britt (due in less than a week!!) and Niccole
I know that Easter isn't til next Sunday, but my parents are going to be in Hawaii and then outta the country for the next couple of weeks, so we had to do our Easter Sunday a little early. It may seem silly that we still have our tradition of decorating and then finding eggs, but it's seriously a ton of fun. We spent our Sunday morning gathered around the table as a family talking, laughing and decorating some of the most creative eggs yet! My little sister, Brooke is home from BYU for the weekend, so it has been really fun hanging out with her- I miss that girl! After successfully decorating and dyeing the eggs, my dad had the challenge to hide the eggs so we could later find them. Not only hiding the hard boiled ones, but he also hid eggs with money in it:) And ladies and gentlemen, I am talking about the big bucks! Some had a quarter in it, but some had up to 3 whole dollars in it!! I mean, after the egg hunt I was ready to retire! Gotta love family, they are all so great and fun to be around!
One of Kirk's most celebrated designs. He calls it "Booger Eater" and this one is currently listed for $1,000. For purchasing inquires, contact me!
Oh! Before I forget! Kirk also gave a talk yesterday at church. He said he was really nervous, but you couldn't tell because he did such a great job! I had people all day coming up to me saying what a great talk it was and how sweet of a husband he is- I agree! I am sooo grateful that I wasn't asked to speak also because I hate it! But, props to my awesome husband that is so busy yet still has time to prepare an awesome talk for church!

14 comments:
Those are the cutest easter eggs ever!! And you look absolutely gorgeous of course (=
I love that blue top! What a fun family tradition too =) Sorry I missed your call yesterday...we'll catch up soon! Miss you!
So much fun that I've seen you 2x already! I just love being around for more than a minute. Hope we see you again soon, for sure this weekend for the game. xo
Don't worry you are next. They did the same thing to us Joe spoke first then I went a couple months later. I love that you found the easter eggs. I Love easter but this year I would rather celebrate our baby coming out. And skip the easter finding party.
Sweet eggs! I was bummed I had to leave so soon...
Sounds like I am completely missing out on the goods of easter! $3 money eggs? Man...lucky. AND for the egg-decor I must say, you have some serious talent a brewin amongst you all. I've seen the whole white crayon trick, but never the colored crayon trick.
We bought some party hats today. Peanut is so excited to sleep in your bed with you when you come! Can't wait! Kirk- love your booger eater.
My favorite egg is the rainbow scene egg. Definite artistic creativity there. Wish it was our ward Kirk was speakin' in. You're being missed-- especially tonight... at about 6:30pm at Kristy's. We'll squeeze you in!!!
How fun! I am all for the easter egg hunting traditons. We have gotten easter baskets from my mom since i can remember. You can never be too old to celebrate. You look beautiful!
how did you get so lucky not to have to talk too? i always "get" to talk too.
umm, you guys are too cute. and i love the eggs.
your enthusiasm is intoxicating as always!
and will you serve those cupcakes at the opening of your eggshell art exhibit?!
you guys are so cute! so where are you living now? i thought maybe you were in p-town, but are you in vegas?? or ca?? im with you there on the ca thing. hopefully we will get there one day too. i love everything about the beach too. well.... i know you and i can be beach bums for life right!? ha ha
I need your email girl! Shoot it over to me :)
cshansen11@gmail.com
How was your Easter??? I miss you!
Post a Comment