My Malia. This girl is my WORLD!!! It's hard to explain how you can love someone more than anything in the world and yet love her sister just as much! Malia is my best friend. Since she has turned 2 1/2 (January 16th) I feel like she has changed as a person and is a complete JOY to be with. Don't get me wrong. She still has her "terrible twos" moments and we just have to know a few things about her. She is grumpy when she wakes up. She doesn't like being asked a million questions. She doesn't like having to talk and be with strangers unless its under her terms. AND, she thinks she knows just about everything. Taking that into account, I have figured out how to keep her happy and fun to be around:) This post is going to be all about my first born and my thoughts on her, so go ahead and bypass this if you are not in the mood to hear what I think about her:)
Malia can be a good friend. She is learning all about socializing with other kids and has developed some good friends that she asks about and wants to play with. She is getting really good at sharing and likes others to come over and play with her toys and dress up with her.
And dressing up she does! Oh my. She is constantly changing her outfits and is usually found in a princess dress of sorts. Among her favorites are Cinderella, Belle, Tiana and now Sleeping Beauty. This girl has finally given up the binkie (can I get a hallelujah?!) and was able to go pick out a princess dress (es) of her choice at the Disney store. She was in heaven. Nothing brings her more joy than dressing up and being around and immersed in princess-y stuff. How I came to have such a girly girl I am not sure, but I kinda like it because she is just so darling cute about it! She loves to sing and dance and can recite many of the princess songs and movie lines. She is so bright. She recalls information that I swear she has only heard once or twice. She has an amazing memory and really is so advanced for her age.
And she is becoming such a good big sister. She loves her Keely bear. She is so sweet to her (most of the time) and is so attentive to her little sister. When Keely is crying or upset you might find Malia with a discerned look on her face saying, "It's okay Keely, I'm here. What do you need Keely? Are you hurt? I'm sorry." Melts my heart to see how much they love each other. They light up in the mornings when they see each other.
We've had a tough run with sicknesses this cold/flu season of 2012. The girls each got their fair share of colds and the flu and we tried our best to stay happy and alive! Malia was a champ about it. Although I knew she felt like total crap, she was still able to make us smile with her funny personality and awesome wardrobe choices.
Malia is SOOOO tall! She is the size of a standard 4 year old and continues to grow like a weed! She is only 2 1/2 but people are always asking if he is 3 or 4. When I say 2, they look shocked. The fact that she speaks so well also throws them off. She blows me away with the conversations she has with me and others. The other day while doing a puzzle with her auntie Ginny, she asked if Gin could hold her lollipop. When she did and still helped with the puzzle, Malia said, "Wow Ginny, I'm so impressed that you can hold that and do the puzzle at the same time." Wha??? We were shocked. Her understanding of things is so crazy! She is in the "asks a million why questions" phase and yesterday in the car it was this: "Mommy, why does Cinderella want to go to the Ball?" me- "Because she wants to dance with the Prince." Malia- "Why?" me- "Because she loves the prince." Malia- "Oh. Does she want to marry the prince?" me- "yes, I think so." Malia- "prolly because she wants to get married and have babies." Yup Malia. In that order please:)
She has become my helper! Yay! Now I can depend on her to help me clean up, throw away trash, put her clothes away, hang them up and "assist" me with cooking. She must always have her apron on and is always asking what we are doing and why. She has really got me thinking about why and how we do everything! "Why do we need eggs? Why do we mix it up? What is that white stuff I'm putting in?" Etc. She is my inquisitive little girl. And she cracks me up with her commentary, "Mommy, that tastes delicious!" or, "Mommy, that drink is so spicy! (she calls carbonation spicy)
Malia loves going to preschool. She gets to go Tuesdays and Thursdays and is doing SO well! I am so proud of my little girl who is in the 3-4 year olds class! She knows all her colors, shapes, ABC's, can count to 12 (sometimes into the teens but gets a little confused). She is even learning her sounds and what letters go to different words! Yesterday she saw a D and said, "hey, that's a D for Daddy! That's a K for Keely!" I'm an overly proud mom to say, she's so smart! And her opinions on fashions never let us leave the house in a dull outfit:) She picked out this classic design the other day and I decided to humor her in her independence. Maybe the other parents think I'm cookoo but if you asked me if I cared what anyone thought I would say- Nope!
Living in Southern California gives us the blessed opportunity to do so many fun things outside. The beach was gorgeous the other day and we spent the afternoon playing and running in the sand. Malia loves to run along the tracks that the lifeguards leave with their Jeep tires and we enjoy chasing and feeding the birds. While Malia is not an overly hyperactive girl, she enjoys running and running and running! Other lists of favorites: puzzles (for hours!) painting, drawing pictures (she's pretty good!), singing to her babies and animals, taking care of her babies, play dates with friends, reading and watching a good Princess flick. Her favorite places are Nana's house, Disneyland, the park, the beach, the Princess store and "adventure" places. She is still a light eater and over eating is something I'll never have to worry about with her. She loves her warm milk, peas, beans, fruit (mangoes are the current fav), yogurt, turkey sandwiches for breakfast, her Z-bars (cookies), pretzels, spaghetti, "trees" (broccoli), and icecream. She is not a fan of chicken or string cheese anymore which is what she lived on for the longest time.
Her CHEESE smile. This is her prettiest trait. She now says "cheese!" for the camera and cocks her head to the side. I die over this little girl. She brightens my day and we never know what she is going to say. She was so excited about teaching Keely to go down this slide and is so excited about life in general.
I'm excited to be her mom and think motherhood gets more and more fun everyday. I love it more than anything else. I couldn't imagine being happier than I am right now.











No comments:
Post a Comment