Monday, June 4, 2012

Newsflash: Malia Falls From her Crib

I knew it was only a matter of time.  She has always loved her crib and really enjoyed her sleep.  Today while assuming she was napping I hear the loudest "thud" from her room and my heart dropped.  I walked in and she was crying on the floor.  I inspected her and didn't see any blood, broken bones or any big bumps on her head.  I don't know how she climbed out, but I'm not surprised.  I knew she was big enough to do this and from talking to friends, I guess I'm glad it took as long as it did for her to fall from getting out.  I think she's scared herself from doing that for a while.  But now I have to decide:  toddler bed or crib tent??  I don't think she's quite old enough for a toddler bed (I still find her sleeping in all sorts of positions in her crib) but don't want our tall girl to feel trapped in by a crib tent.  Oh the decisions that I debate over during the day.

2 comments:

doug and becky said...

Oh man! Glad she's ok. I am having the same debate, whether to get a toddler bed for Tucker before the new baby comes, or just stay in the crib which he seems pretty comfy in and still hasn't tried to climb out of for some reason! Serious dilemma :)

kimberlee shaffer said...

crib tent saved my life when Eden wasnt ready to transition into a bed yet. She actually loved it and thought it was cool. If I forgot to zip it up she would yell at me and cry to zip up her tent. Make it a cool thing!