Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Kirk's Birthday! (came and went..)

How behind am I?!  It's already the middle of April and I need to catch up from February!  So, my sweet, awesome, amazing, hard working, and very handsome husband had his 33rd birthday and we were a little preoccupied this year.  I decided that since he was so marvelous at everything he did, I would give him something grand for his birthday, like a new baby:)  Keely was born the 16th and we got to come home on Kirk's birthday- the 18th. Oh happy day!  It goes without saying, but we didn't get to celebrate as fantastically as I would have liked to this year, but luckily Kirk didn't seem to care. 
 We did get to enjoy Kirk (and pretty much everyone in my family's) favorite meal of Butayaki- oh so ono!!!! Brooke was here for Keely's birth so that worked out great to have the whole family here to celebrate 2 special people!
 Kirk's fav- chocolate and peanut butter.  So he got a chocolate peanut butter icecream cake.  Remember how you are always hungry when you are nursing? Oh you don't know?  Well I eat like a freakin hippo when I nurse and as soon as Keely came my appetite has been on full force!  Thank goodness breastfeeding burns like 2,000 calories or something.
 This is our new family of 4!  I will look back at this picture and laugh.  We all look so beat.
 It was really cute how Malia learned to blow out the candles.  In fact, Nana taught her the birthday song that day so she could help sing to her favorite person- her daddy:)  She is so much fun I can barely stand it!  I have so many updates about that little lady that I hope I can get to soon!
So happy birthday babe.  You are my better half and the reason I am who I am.  I love you more everyday.  You are the absolute best husband and father that anyone could have hoped for.  Thank you for all that you do for our little family.
Love, your wife:)

1 comment:

The last Unicorn said...

You look pretty good if you consider that beat!!! I want to see you and the girls! Once we get this going out with 2 kids thing down, lets plan something. Are you going to Kelly's shower? Maybe I will see you then!