Our princess bubbalubbachubba (as affectionately coined by her parents) is 1!!!!!
She is the light of our life and is turning into such a big girl! Our pediatrician said she was a beautiful "toddler" since she wasn't a baby anymore. Really? I have a toddler now?
We had a super spectacular birthday bash for this darling that I will have to post soon, but for the meantime, here are Malia's new stats!
- She's still got a big head. 90% for that one
- She's still really tall 31 and some odd inches
- She's not gaining much weight these days, 21.3 lbs
Doc says she looks great and is growing so nicely. She's not gaining much weight right now because she NEVER stops moving!!
Here are some other interesting facts about this little lady:
- Did I mention SHE'S WALKING????!!! I will have to post the video that is currently on my facebook page. It's awesome! Not walking all the time but definitely putting 5+ steps together at once.
- She crawls quick and still loves scooting. We like to play tag and chase. She usually wins since I am slower these days.
- She is LOUD. She is a talker (still) and is bossy (shocker) and has some pipes that she unleashes when she is upset. I still need to grab some ear plugs.
- She is eating EVERYTHING. She LOVES food. She's not picky either except she is so OVER baby food. Don't put it near her. Among her favorite foods: scrambled eggs and avo for breakfast, blueberries and string cheese for snacks, strawberries, peaches, pears, grapes, spaghetti, meat, salads, and gosh, anything off of our plate. It amazes me the stuff she is down to eat! She likes salad and tomatoes! She inhales home cooked food! She likes spicy food and pickles and lemons. She is funny.
- She is hitting now. This is not a good thing that we are working on.
- She climbs and explores
- She goes to almost anyone. No stranger anxiety.
- She is down to 2 bottles and is on formula still just because I have some left.
- She still loves to be swaddled for bedtime and has to have her blankie and binkie.
- She has 4 1/2 teeth. 2 on top, 2 on bottom with another one on the bottom coming in as we speak.
- I had to cut her bangs because she has straight Japanese hair and it gets in her eyes. She prefers I not touch her hair or put things in it. Bummer there.
- She tans so nicely:)
- She is wearing mostly 18mo- 2T clothes and size 4 diapers.
- She gets occasional eczema which runs in our family.
- She loves her walks, beach days, water, kids, adventures, reading, playing and singing
- She's funny and we love her.


4 comments:
she was SOOOO cute with her birthday cake!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MALIA!!!! She really is a beauty but its no wonder when you look at her mommy. I am sorry you are so sick! I hope it passes soon, it really is my least favorite thing in the world. Call me!
Happy Birthday Malia!!!! She is so precious! Did she love her bday cake or was it a bit overwhelming for her?
Happy birthday Malia! She is so cute Chelsea.
Post a Comment