Hi. Okay, so really fast I need to update the blogging world about this blessed pregnancy that I get to experience again! I really need to finish packing and take a shower and get ready since we are leaving to for New York in a little while to go see the Hill Cumorah Pageant, the church sites and (shhh!!!) MY SISTER! I sure hope Brookie isn't reading this blog right now or else I would have just blown my cover!
Okay, so back to being pregnant. We are so grateful and feel so humbled that Heavenly Father has given us this chance to have another baby. We really weren't expecting it to happen so fast since it took almost 2 YEARS to get pregnant with Malia! I am sure you guys all remember the fertility visits, the acupuncture, nasty herbal teas..it was all horrible! I had assumed it would take at least 6- 12 months to get pregnant again so we decided to go off birth control. Later that month I was late. I kept telling Kirk, "I'm late by 2 days now.. I'm late by 3 days..I'm late by 4 days.." Finally at 5 days late I bought a 3 pack of EPT's (I buy in bulk because I always end up taking a few if I am pregnant just to make sure) and sure enough, an instant + sign.
I cried, I told Kirk and we hugged and laughed/cried and celebrated this fun surprise.
The tentative due date is March 2nd, which is also my sister's birthday! Funny fact: Malia's due date was my brother's birthday, and this baby's due date is my sister's.
So it everything goes well with this pregnancy, we will have a 20 month gap between Malia and baby #2. This pregnancy is already different than Malia- I want to eat all the time, my face is completely broken out, I am not really sick (yet). So maybe it's a boy? Who knows! Stay tuned! I don't go to the doc until later this month. And that is yet another thing that is strange, I don't feel the anxiety like I did with Malia. I was so paranoid that I was going to lose her or do something wrong to hurt the baby that I did nothing. Now, I am drinking a dr. pepper here and there to settle my tummy, surfing and running around, carrying way too many things and eating and sleeping when and what I can! I even sometimes forget a pre-natal vitamin from time to time. I often forget that I am pregnant until someone congratulates me or asks how I'm feeling. I have a feeling this pregnancy is going to go by really quickly.
So at 6 or 7 weeks things are good here and Malia hasn't a clue that she will be a big sister within the next year. We do already, but I am going to savor every minute with her since her time as the only child now has an expiration date.
Bye for now!

8 comments:
That is the mOst wonderful news in the world!!!
SOOOOOO AWESOME!
congrats! i felt like my pregnancy was different with the second and it turned out to be a different gender. i was really broken out when i carried a boy, and had clear skin with a girl. who knows??
You will only be 3 hours from me!!! Torture knowing you're so close yet still so far away! Ya sure you don't want to make a trip to MA while you're at it? ;-) So happy for you guys! I'll probably just be a couple months pregnant by the time your baby is due :)
so happy for you guys!!!! every pregnancy is a blessing... I just wish everyone realized that as much as you do! Cant wait to find out what baby #2 will be!
Yeah I am so excited for you! I am so glad you are so happy:) Life is good!
congrats!! What an awesome family this new little one will be blessed to have!
Such good news! Can't wait to find out the sex!
I can't believe Mailia is 1 years old! Sad we will be missing her party this weekend. We will be at a super awesome family reunion :/
Give her a big hug for me!
Post a Comment