Friday, April 3, 2009

Can you say an extra prayer?

So, it's after midnight and I really can't sleep. It might be the fact that my mind is racing about the offer we put in on a house down here in San Clemente. Or it might be the Scentsy order I've been meaning to input. Or, perhaps the huge boxes of past Scentsy orders I need to organize for customers. Then again, I have two car orders that I am looking to fill within the next week or two. Then there's the sad reality of three loads of laundry laying on our couch that I have been too busy to fold. I won't even get into the stuff I have going on for Kirk's new business.. My head is spinning.
To compound matters even more, we got some sad news the other night. My uncle Winston who is a General Contractor out in Hawaii fell off a second story roof. It was really windy that day and even though he's been in the business for over thirty years, accidents happen. He luckily fell on a pile of rubble which doctors think is the only way he survived. The problem is that he immediately went unconscious and hasn't woken up since. They have already done two surgeries and had to remove his spleen and part of his large intestines. And they're not done yet. They are going to have to do more surgeries to figure out what else needs to be removed/repaired/replaced. I feel sick about it because my uncle is the most energetic and active 57 yr. old you've ever met and he probably won't ever be the same- if he can get through this.
So, if anyone is going to the temple soon, or remembers to add anything else to their prayers, please help remember my uncle Winston because I love him so much and want to make sure he's okay. Thanks guys.

7 comments:

jenn (+ will) said...

i'm so sorry chelsea! we'll keep him in our prayers. i think you can call the temple and put his name in. xo

Rachel said...

Oh Chels! I'm so sorry. I will definitely pray for your uncle, and for you. And don't worry about the laundry, I'm always behind:) Love ya

ashley said...

oh wow, that is so sad! hope and pray all is well with uncle winston! and i think i need to get some senctsy (however you spell it) stuff for our apartment, i should get in touch with you!

Katie said...

Wow, you've got A LOT on your plate! Sorry about your uncle--I'll keep him in my prayers. I've got two loads of laundry that haven't been folded and a pigstye of a house, so don't feel bad. I can't seem to peel myself off the couch. The nausea is ENDLESS! Good luck with the house, scentsy orders, and car stuff!

Stephanie said...

I am so sorry to hear about your Uncle. That is a terrible accident. I will keep him in my prayers. I hope you get the rest you need so you can tackle all those things that are keeping you from sleeping!!

kimberlee shaffer said...

I am so sorry to hear about your Uncle Chels! I can call his name into the Temple here in Las Vegas. When you get this text me his last name. Keep us updated on how he is doing.

Steph said...

Sorry to hear about your Uncle, Chels. Will definitely pray for him. But that is exciting about your house! Good luck with everything!