Thursday, June 6, 2013

Malia and Rhys

Malia tells the best stories.  After laughing at one of Malia's "great tales" the other day, my girlfriend told me, "you HAVE to write these stories down!" I don't keep a journal other than this, so I guess I will have to write some of these great stories here.
Here Malia is with Rhys.  We went camping with his family and about 8 other families like last month (blog to follow) Rhys is the cute boy of some friends that moved into town a year or so ago. We love the Aidas!  Their boys are 1/4 Japanese like our girls- funny huh?! 
Well, Malia (being the very opinionated, confident child that she is) got it into her head one day that she was going to marry Rhys.  She is OBSESSED with marriage, husbands, temples, flowers, veils,  or anything wedding-ish.
Her story never wavers.  She will tell you:
Malia: "Mom, I am going to marry Rhys when I am in college. I have to get older first."
Me: "Oh really?!"
Malia: "Yes. We will get married in the pink temple (Newport Beach's temple is a pinkish tone and we've visited it together as a family).  I like pink temples and we will get married there."
Me: "Well, ok honey.  But remember, you can marry someone different if you both decide you want to."
Malia: "No, I'll marry Rhys.  He'll be my husband and we will have 3 children.  We will live in a pink castle too."

We all laugh about this now, but figured I better document it if in the unlikely chance it actually does come true one day:)

No comments: