While Malia was a dream and stayed head down pretty much the whole pregnancy, Keely is being a little more stubborn and has decided to stay head up in the Frank Breech position for the majority of this pregnancy. With each appointment Dr. Boehmer would say, "well, she still has time to turn, she still has time to turn," but unfortunately, at 38 weeks pregnant, she does not have much time (or room) to turn.
We decided to do the External Version at the hospital to see if they could manually turn her. It was a LONG day! IVs, blood work, a shot to soften my uterus, no eating or drinking.. basically it was a terrible day. And after alllllll that... it didn't work! I had 2 doctors pushing and grabbing and manipulating my tummy so hard that it made one sweat and me tear up. Keely really, really likes her breech position.
So, after funky exercises, trips to the Chiro (for more hollistic methods) and blessings and prayers, it looks like Keely is going to be born via C Section on February 22nd. The good news is that I get her a few days early from my original due date! The bad new: the recovery. I am getting a little stressed out on what I am going to do with Malia seeing how she is still a baby (at 18 months old). Still likes to be held and carried, and I won't be able to lift her into her crib or carseat!
I know it'll all work out and Heavenly Father will help us out to make sure we survive this new obstacle.
In the meantime, if you want to say your prayers or weird voodoo magic to try and get Keely to turn, we have exactly 13 days until they cut me open and take her out!
Happy Thursday everyone!


2 comments:
Good luck! Sometimes those babies are just so stubborn!! I will say that my doctor assures me (after having had an emergency c-section w/ our first) that a scheduled c-section is much better to recover from. Plus no labor! Woo hoo! We will keep you in our prayers and hope she turns for you.
oh chels! good luck! i can't wait til she is here and you can just start feeling better! no matter how she comes, you'll have to take it easy anyway. you are surrounded by people who love you and who will help you :) maybe kelly & i can come over one day and help you with stuff!!!!
Post a Comment