Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Finger Foods

Let me tell you folks:  It's this face right here that makes me nervous to have more kids!  Not because I don't like it, but because I think I love it too much!! How in the world am I ever going to love another creature as much as this silly girl??  She is the light of my life!

 So, we've started the messy phase in our life of self feeding!  Malia still gets her oatmeal and mashed fruit in the mornings, and a nutritious baby food for lunch and dinner, but we incorporate other finger foods for her to learn to self feed.  Among the favorites are bits of fruit, string cheese, meat, pasta, puffs (along she is getting tired of these..) and just about whatever we are eating for that meal!  She loves food!   Knock on wood, but we have no allergies so far!  Yeah!  And her, um, digestive system if you will is still on track with all these new foods.
 I know she's my daughter for the fact that she prefers flavor and taste to the bland and boring foods.  For example: the other night we had spaghetti and salad and she was sooo over her baby food!  I decided to give her some spaghetti and even the salad, and she loved them both!  Her whole face lights up! She likes eating from my chopsticks if I am having a salad at lunch, enjoys the smoothies I make mid-afternoon, and gobbles up stuff on our plates all day:)  And she is getting so good at sharing.  She likes to make sure she feeds us some of her tasty food too.

It goes without saying, but I am constantly in awe of what this little lady is able to do.  She sorts through the food on her tray and grabs the pieces she wants with her chubby little fingers.  When she decides that piece is no good, she'll spit it out and give it to Hobbs who is always anxiously awaiting.  Of course this causes immense giggles which usually leads to Hobbs eating more people food than I would like, but whatever, Hobbs does well with people food too:)

 I love this girl. She needs to stop growing so I can enjoy all these little moments forever.  Right when I tell someone that "this is my favorite age," she does something new and exciting and manages to get cuter so the "perfect age" just keeps growing along with her.

No comments: